How would I answer this?

I.Need.Help

How would I answer this?

Write a function in general form or factored form that satisfies each of the following:

Vertical asymptote at x=2

Slant asymptote of y=-x-1 with remainder 6

Zero at (1,0)

y-intercept at (0,8)

How would I answer this?

Write a function in general form or factored form that satisfies each of the following:

Zero at (1,0)

y-intercept at (0,8)
Generally, a vertical asymptote is created for a function [f(x)] at x = m, as a result of dividing of two polynomials [e.g. f(x) =\(\displaystyle \frac{ g(x)}{h(x)}\) and \(\displaystyle \lim_{x\to m} h(x) \ = \ 0\)]

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

Generally, a vertical asymptote is created for a function [f(x)] at x = m, as a result of dividing of two polynomials [e.g. f(x) =\(\displaystyle \frac{ g(x)}{h(x)}\) and \(\displaystyle \lim_{x\to m} h(x) \ = \ 0\)]

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.
To be honest I don't even know where to start; my paper is plank

How would I answer this?

Zero at (1,0)

y-intercept at (0,8)
To be honest I don't even know where to start; my paper is blank
I would start by doing one thing at a time, not expecting to figure it all out at once. Often, once you start by doing something, the next step becomes easier to see.

Draw a fraction bar.

Since you want a vertical asymptote at x=2, what can you put under the bar?

You want a zero at x=0. What can you put above the bar?

Now think about the slant asymptote. What does that tell you about the numerator and denominator, minimally? (Maybe something about their degrees?)

I have to add, asymptotes don't have remainders, so I have to think about what that even means. But I think you'll be working backward from a long division, which basically means multiplying ...