I can't solve this money problem...?

hafeez1

There is an energy bill that is split between my father and me that amounts to ( $159.00) in total.

My father sent me his share of the bill ( $79.50 ) so I could pay this bill out of my bank account. However I accidentally spent the ( $79.50 ) he sent me, and there is still an outstanding bill of ( $159.00 ).

So my father pays this bill ($159.00 ) all by himself, that we were supposed to split. I did not pay my share of the bill ( $79.50 and I did not give back the money he sent me that was accidentally spent. How much do I owe my father?

thank you.

There is an energy bill that is split between my father and me that amounts to ( $159.00) in total.

My father sent me his share of the bill ( $79.50 ) so I could pay this bill out of my bank account. However I accidentally spent the ( $79.50 ) he sent me, and there is still an outstanding bill of ( $159.00 ).

So my father pays this bill ($159.00 ) all by himself, that we were supposed to split. I did not pay my share of the bill ( $79.50 and I did not give back the money he sent me that was accidentally spent. How much do I owe my father?

thank you.
If you look at your father's perspective, he should've spent $79.50 only. However, he gave you $79.50 initially and paid the full bill of $159. Therefore you owe your father $159.

Your father initially paid his share of the energy bill. Then he loaned you $159 (doesn't matter if you used the money to pay the energy bill). You owe your father the $159 for the loan.