I need answers

needhelpplz

I am nearing the end of what I need to graduate and I seriously need help with these last few problems. It's late and I don't want to stop now or get locked out
it's finding the area of composite figures

B6kjH.jpg

it's cut off but it says use 3.14 for pi
ENAFt.jpg

q3myL.jpg

please help me I am desperate

I am nearing the end of what I need to graduate and I seriously need help with these last few problems. It's late and I don't want to stop now or get locked out

B6kjH.jpg

ENAFt.jpg

q3myL.jpg

You need to find the solutions - what effort did you make?

For the first one - as hinted in the drawing - find the area of the rectangle and add the area of the triangle.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...217#post322217

We can help - we only help after you have shown your work - or ask a specific question (not a statement like "Don't know any of these")

Please share your work with us indicating exactly where you are stuck - so that we may know where to begin to help you.

B6kjH.jpg

ENAFt.jpg

q3myL.jpg

Rectilinear closed figures (those formed exclusively by straight lines) can always be decomposed into triangles. Many can also be decomposed into rectangles or into triangles and rectangles. And there are simple formulas for the area of rectangles and triangles. So the trick of finding the area of a composite rectilinear figure is to break it down into triangles or rectangles, calculate their areas, and add them up. In the first problem, the figure is closed and rectilinear and a simple and sufficient decomposition is given to you by the dotted line. Do you know how to find the area of the indicated rectangle? Do you know how to find the area of the indicated triangle? If so, add them up. What do you get?

The second problem does not involve a rectilinear figure, but presumably involves a figure composed of a semicircle and a rectangle as shown by the dotted line. This problem requires finding the area of the semicircle and the rectangle and adding them up. Do you know how to find the areas of the indicated rectangle and semicircle? If so, add them up. What do you get?

The third problem is the hardest because it does not tell you how to decompose the figure. Do you see a way to decompose it into a square and a triangle?