i need help with the equation 2^x-1=6y

coolinhi256

i need help with the equation 2^x-1=6y where both t=numbers are whole and as low as possible
i am using this to turn a binary shift register into a number gen for one of six outputs if there are any other solutions that can use any string of random binary digits into one of 1,2 and 3 outputs for my maze generator
ps: if you are granting a new solution note that all this will be done in binary and the purpose of the 1-6 constraint is so that i can have every third connection go left when there is three possible way to go next.

i need help with the equation 2^x-1=6y where both t=numbers are whole and as low as possible
What does "t=numbers" mean? Are you referring to solutions to the posted equation? Are you asking for (x,y) coordinates in the solution set to this equation, where one or both of x and y is minimized?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of your thoughts and efforts so far. Thank you!

i am using this to turn a binary shift register into a number gen for one of six outputs if there are any other solutions that can use any string of random binary digits into one of 1,2 and 3 outputs for my maze generator
ps: if you are granting a new solution note that all this will be done in binary and the purpose of the 1-6 constraint is so that i can have every third connection go left when there is three possible way to go next.

must be a typo but not sure how they got there. read without the t=.
i got to the equation so far by finding the minimum amount of possible outcomes required to produce one value of both 2 and 3 possible location to move next so 6.
i am using the recursive backtracker algorithm and am trying to create a binary shift register and away to generate the maze.
the 2^x-1 is the possibility's with any number of digits (x=# of binary digits) and 6y is to find what i need to divide the random binary by (y) to get one of 6 outputs

must be a typo but not sure how they got there. read without the t=.
Okay.

i got to the equation so far by finding the minimum amount of possible outcomes required to produce one value of both 2 and 3 possible location to move next so 6.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're trying to say here...?

i am using the recursive backtracker algorithm and am trying to create a binary shift register and away to generate the maze.
Maybe it would help if you provided the full and exact text of the exercise/project on which you're working...?

the 2^x-1 is the possibility's with any number of digits (x=# of binary digits) and 6y is to find what i need to divide the random binary by (y) to get one of 6 outputs
By the way, does "2^x-1" mean what it says, which is [imath]2^x - 1[/imath], or is it really [imath]2^{x-1}[/imath]?

to answer your question im asking for the x/y both minimized but primarily the x
Does "the x/y" mean what it says, which is [imath]\frac{x}{y}[/imath], so you're actually trying to minimize a ratio? Or does it really mean "the variables [imath]x[/imath] and [imath]y[/imath]"?

When you reply, please include a clear listing of *all* of your thoughts and efforts so far, so we can try to see what you're talking about. Thank you!

Eliz.

i am building a maze generator using only binary logic gates and want to generate it randomly using a binary shift register as the simulation has no randomizer.
i am trying to find out how to generate the next tiles location based off of the randomizers output and how many options there is, because it is a square grid maze there can only be 3,2 or 1 way to go next at any tile, as we can exclude the one and just take it as the only option we can find the lowest common multiple of 2 and 3 witch is six. and so i need to generate one of six values to move forward in any instance.2^x-1 is more like ([math]2^x[/math]) - 1.
i meant that i want ro reduce the size of the circuit and therefore reduce the x AND y to reduce complexity.