integration of summed term

camxg1977

Hi,
I'm struggling to integrate the following equation which is a simplified kinetic expression which shows how the concentration of a material B changes with time t.
How do I get it into a form that can be integrated and which integration method should be used?

d+ dt = exp(-kt)dt

Is this supposed to be dB = exp(-kt) dt? The expression d + dt makes no sense.

-Dan

Hi,
I'm struggling to integrate the following equation which is a simplified kinetic expression which shows how the concentration of a material B changes with time t.
How do I get it into a form that can be integrated and which integration method should be used?

d+ dt = exp(-kt)dt
Can you show the original problem you are working on, ideally as an image showing exactly how this was written, or what larger problem it comes from?

The B's did not paste in the original query. Apologies. The correct form is below.
dB+ Bdt = exp(-kt)dt

The B's did not paste in the original query. Apologies. The correct form is below.
dB+ Bdt = exp(-kt)dt
"Dividing" by dt you get
[imath]B'(t) + B(t) = e^{-kt}[/imath]

a first order DEq. You need to find the homogeneous solution and a particular solution. Can you do that?

-Dan

Addendum: Or you could use an integrating factor if that's how to learned how to do these.

I am still struggling here I am afraid. I've not come across integrating factors either.

I am still struggling here I am afraid. I've not come across integrating factors either.
Homogeneous part is :

B'(t) +B(t) = 0

What is the solution for that D.E. ?

Most of us would like to see your response to post #3.