Integration of two curves

Juraj

Hi all,

I am trying to calculate the absolute value of area under the curve (black line in the image below), integrated about a second curve (red line in the image below). The curves can't be defined as functions as they are datasets, and the red line is a running average of the black line. Does anyone have any idea how this could be done?

Thanks!!

Juraj

Attachments

• integral of two curves.png
    integral of two curves.png
    30 KB · Views: 2
Hi all,

I am trying to calculate the absolute value of area under the curve (black line in the image below), integrated about a second curve (red line in the image below). The curves can't be defined as functions as they are datasets, and the red line is a running average of the black line. Does anyone have any idea how this could be done?

Thanks!!

Juraj
Use "numerical integration".

Hi all,

Thanks!!

Juraj
is this a school problem? if not you can use monte carlo and a computer to easily solve it