Is the Earth Flat?

DripKracken

So, I have been doing a little research blah blah blah and I was looking at the flat earth society, and all the ideas and reasons they think the earth is flat. Kinda interesting, but their reasons seem outweighed by scientific evidence, so, for everyone here, do you think the earth is flat? Why or why not. Im curious.

Look up at the sky on a nice day with a blue sky, follow the curvature which will look like a semicircle from one extreme to the other. It might not be considered scientific evidence that the earth is a sphere, but then again it shows its not flat.

So, I have been doing a little research blah blah blah and I was looking at the flat earth society, and all the ideas and reasons they think the earth is flat. Kinda interesting, but their reasons seem outweighed by scientific evidence, so, for everyone here, do you think the earth is flat? Why or why not. Im curious.

According to philosophy, anything is possible. The earth is flat, doesn't exist, or we are reanimated dead aliens living in a hot vat of lava and we remain ignorant due to our limited perception. Even among physicists there is some disagreement e.g. many are philosophers.

The level of evidence denial it takes to be a sincere flat-Earther is quite staggering. I've run across a couple online over the years, and I was completely convinced they were trolls. But I suspect some may be sincere. After all, it's no more staggering a feat than to be a young-Earth creationist (to deny the mountains of evidence behind the biological principle of evolution).

The level of evidence denial it takes to be a sincere flat-Earther is quite staggering. I've run across a couple online over the years, and I was completely convinced they were trolls. But I suspect some may be sincere. After all, it's no more staggering a feat than to be a young-Earth creationist (to deny the mountains of evidence behind the biological principle of evolution).
I think (respectfully) you might be offensive to some users there.

It was said on the TV news the other evening that members of the public are going to be allowed to have trips to the space station soon. OK so you'll need some good coin in your pocket to go, but at least some people will be able to video and photograph what they see and show others on their successful return to earth.

It was said on the TV news the other evening that members of the public are going to be allowed to have trips to the space station soon. OK so you'll need some good coin in your pocket to go, but at least some people will be able to video and photograph what they see and show others on their successful return to earth.
yeah dont worry, the flat earthers wont believe that either

Some coin indeed. :LOL:

I think (respectfully) you might be offensive to some users there.

By observing it takes an incredible amount of evidence denial to believe the Earth is less than 10,000 years old and isn't some 4.5 billion years old and that life was created intelligently in its present state rather than having evolved? Is it offensive to make such observations and state them?

Perhaps at one time it was considered heresy, but now we are allowed to state the Emperor is naked without fear of Galilean repercussions. :)

Obviously the windows on the space station are fake - they are screens showing spherical Earth, while it's actually flat.

Obviously the windows on the space station are fake - they are screens showing spherical Earth, while it's actually flat.
No, no, no, I got a better one.
Since you are viewing from an alternate angle while orbiting the earth, the light refracts and makes the earth appear round.

I watched part of a Vox video on why flat earthers are wrong, and there was a video clip of a guy saying that if anyone goes out to the ice wall on the edge of the earth, they are arrested at gunpoint by government agencies, and they arent ever seen again.

I watched part of a Vox video on why flat earthers are wrong, and there was a video clip of a guy saying that if anyone goes out to the ice wall on the edge of the earth, they are arrested at gunpoint by government agencies, and they arent ever seen again.
That's convenient.

my question is wouldnt the ice break? I mean thats millions of pounds of pressure being put on it from the water, and in such a large circle, wouldnt it have broken by now?

Is it offensive to make such observations and state them?
Kind of--unless you let everyone else state their observations as well. :)

But do let's not get into that.
my question is wouldnt the ice break? I mean thats millions of pounds of pressure being put on it from the water, and in such a large circle, wouldnt it have broken by now?
Yes. It would. But it's not real, and anything can happen in fairy tales.

I heard they are arrested by The Night's Watch and are offered a choice: either become a Brother for life or get dropped from the edge. So either way they are never seen again.

Last edited:
I'd like to see these people using some type of video technology that can't be edited and has a start and end time to its recordings, then they can go to the edge of the earth and drop somebody off and prove it. Good luck with that one.

Kind of--unless you let everyone else state their observations as well.

Am I stopping anyone from stating their observations? I've made a claim I can easily back with quite compelling evidence. If that offends, that's not my fault.

I welcome other claims that are backed with evidence.