issue with area of a house roof

btimofte100

Hi all
I have a problem

"One roof is composed of 2 rectangles of 2 and 4 meters side . It has to be covered by pieces of wood . One one square meter there are needed 15 pieces . One piece weights 2 hectograms.They are shuffled from the factory with a car who empty has 310 kg and full 790 . How many travels are required ?

I have a solution here but the book says there are needed 4 trips ... Help ?
2020-08-22_20h45_12.png

"One roof is composed of 2 rectangles of 2 and 4 meters side . It has to be covered by pieces of wood . One one square meter there are needed 15 pieces . One piece weights 2 hectograms.They are shuffled from the factory with a car who empty has 310 kg and full 790 . How many travels are required ?

I have a solution here but the book says there are needed 4 trips ... Help ?
It may help if you state your work in English.

But it looks like you misquoted the problem, and the roof consists of 2 rectangles, each 8 by 4 meters. So the roof is 64 square meters, and needs 15*64 = 960 pieces, for a total of 960*0.2 = 192 kg (I converted to kg for consistency). That's what you got. Each carload is 480 kg, in fact you could fit 2.5 times the amount you need in one load -- it does not take 2.5 trips, if that is what you are saying. And this is, of course, far from the claimed number of 4 trips. So unless I'm missing something, the problem or the claimed answer is wrong.

I found the issue .

One piece of wood weighs 2 Kilograms .....(and not 2 Hectograms...Typos mistake was in book .)​
Rectangles are 8x4 indeed​

With this change i get 4 trips correctly

1598172957614.png