Khan_undrum

Otis

Elite Member
… the world can "stand" only one "Subhotosh Khan" …
Because nobody can agree how to pronouce Subhotosh!

A few years ago, I had lunch with one of the regulars here, and we couldn't agree.

He said: sub HO tawsh

I said: sub HA tawzsh

Much later, I asked a student from India. What she said sounded like the word 'sabotage'.

Then I googled, but learned only that 'Subho' means 'good', in India. Hence, I must presume that 'tosh' means 'tush'.

It's all very mysterious …

That is assuming that all those David Smith wanted to "Cheat". If we assume 10% wanted to cheat - then the false positive will go down further.

By the way, I have not yet found anybody with my name (first+family). My first name is very very rare.I can safely assume the world can "stand" only one "Subhotosh Khan" - no chance of false positive - i.e. less than 1/1010
I fully agree that the world can only stand one Subhotosh Khan at atime, but that has nothing to do with the name. Now if we were to consider personality ...

By the way, Khan is a very common name. What was the population that you reviewed?

I fully agree that the world can only stand one Subhotosh Khan at a time, but that has nothing to do with the name. Now if we were to consider personality ...

By the way, Khan is a very common name. What was the population that you reviewed?
Khan is a very common name.... Not really - could not hold a candle to "Smith" or "Chang". It is just that we Khan's are so brilliant that we make you see double - triple multiple...(if you don't believe me - ask Denis).

Khan is a very common name.... Not really - could not hold a candle to "Smith" or "Chang". It is just that we Khan's are so brilliant that we make you see double - triple multiple...(if you don't believe me - ask Denis).
According to wikipedia, a source that may be more reliable than Denis (sorry mon ami), Khan is the surname of 24 million people, and is the 12th most common surname in the UK. That is about 12 times more frequent than Smith in the US. If we assume that the US contains one third of the world's population with English surnames, Khan is 4 times more frequent than Smith.

I did not look up Subhotosh.

According to wikipedia, a source that may be more reliable than Denis (sorry mon ami), Khan is the surname of 24 million people, and is the 12th most common surname in the UK. That is about 12 times more frequent than Smith in the US. If we assume that the US contains one third of the world's population with English surnames, Khan is 4 times more frequent than Smith.

I did not look up Subhotosh.
There is one and only one Subhotosh and we are lucky to have a person like this on our forum