Limits and Continuity

Ain3r_13

Am really baffled by this question that has bothered me for quite some time now, it goes:
If we have a function f (x) = (2 - x)^n where n is any real number, what values of n give us a limit in f(x)?

Thank you!

That's how I found the question, trust me
We trust everybody - but we need to verify.

At this site we HELP you to find answers - based on your work that you can show us.

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

Am really baffled by this question that has bothered me for quite some time now, it goes:
If we have a function f (x) = (2 - x)^n where n is any real number, what values of n give us a limit in f(x)?

Thank you!
If you're saying that this is an exact quotation of a problem that you were given, then it can't be answered, because it is incomplete. If it said, on the other hand, something like

For what real values of n does [imath]\displaystyle\lim_{\color{Red} x\to\infty}(2-x)^n[/imath] exist?​

or

For what real values of n does [imath]\displaystyle\lim_{\color{Red} x\to2}(2-x)^n[/imath] exist?​

then there would be something to discuss. (In the latter case, there are some interesting issues involved.)

But even then, as you've seen, we ask to see what you know, what you have tried, and what about it bothers you, in order to know what sort of help you need.

An image of the actual problem, and some information about where it came from (e.g. if it is from a course you are taking, and what topics were recently covered) will also help.

Last edited: