Logarithms...

annaanna

How does one do the question above,,1 is first attempt 2 is second but they dont give me right answer.. I'm very much beginner when it comes to logs, also the logs they use in the answer are the same as mine just simplified I hope
1711466608950.png1711466773981.png

Also, you might notice that there is a simple relation between the two multipliers.

A small aside @annaanna...
Are these squiggles meant to be fours? Squiggles.png

May I suggest that you start writing your fours using two (distinct) strokes, eg: 4.png
like you would (I hope) write a "t", eg: t.png

Not just for our benefit but for the benefit of anyone who is faced with deciphering your handwriting. Some people might take one look at your script and think: "I'm not spending time trying to figure out what's been written there!" (And just move on...)

We can't help if we don't know what you're asking.

You're not the worst offender, by the way. 😊

But please do try to make everything legible. 👍😉

A small aside @annaanna...
Are these squiggles meant to be fours? View attachment 37517

May I suggest that you start writing your fours using two (distinct) strokes, eg: View attachment 37515
like you would (I hope) write a "t", eg: View attachment 37516

Not just for our benefit but for the benefit of anyone who is faced with deciphering your handwriting. Some people might take one look at your script and think: "I'm not spending time trying to figure out what's been written there!

We can't help if we don't know what you're asking.

You're not the worst offender by the way. 😊

But please do try to make everything legible. 👍😉
you dont know how much injustice i've faced cause of my poor 4s.. ill remember next time I post on here though haha

Yes, ln(4) - ln(4) = 0. Whenever you subtract the same exact quantities you always get 0. There is no need to go from ln(4) - ln(4) = ln(4/4) = ln(1) = 0.
The issue is that you did NOT have ln(4)-ln(4)! You had -ln(4)-ln(4) = -2ln(4) or ln(16)

What are you needing to do with this expression? Simplify it? Or is it part of an equation?

Yes, ln(4) - ln(4) = 0. Whenever you subtract the same exact quantities you always get 0. There is no need to go from ln(4) - ln(4) = ln(4/4) = ln(1) = 0.
The issue is that you did NOT have ln(4)-ln(4)! You had -ln(4)-ln(4) = -2ln(4) or ln(16)
its funny how easily maths rules can change when you're struggling,,, i was hoping that since they both had - signs that was good enough for the equation to work 😭

What rule changed? -5-5 is not 0. -65-65 is not 0. 5-5=0 and 65-65=0.
For the record, -5 +5=0