Looking for complete Geo-list (2D, 3D (4D?) as worksheet ...

Xogroroth

I am looking (for 2 days now, on various search engines, to no avail) for a picture (JPG, PNG, ...) of a complete-compiled list that has all the Mathematical 2D- and 3D shapes.
I found trillions of pictures, but not one is complete.
Each found has a plethora of shapes missing:
Or the Hemisphere, or the Curvilinear Triangle, Triclinic, Chevron, Chiroelongated Triangular Cupola, Crescent, Octadecagonal Prism, Cuboctahedron, Trigonal, Hexa-or Pentagonal Pyramids, Zonohedron, Galena, Pentagonal Pyramid, Stellated Icosahedron, Quatrefoil, Gyroid, Diploid or Tetartoid, ... .

It is to become insane.

How come, it is literally impossible to find a sheet/booklet with all the outlined shapes and their names, in this type of style:
Has no one ever came to the idea, to get the shapes together?

I tried to make one myself, but I am so darn unhandy in graphical systems ... .
Not to mention, lately very fast confused (had a serious accident that has affected my grey matter up the attic).

If anyone could help me ...

Thank you beforehand:
Ben

Just curious: how long is your list of "... all the Mathematical 2D- and 3D shapes." ?

You seem very interested in shapes. I'd recommend being easy on yourself if you're getting confused. Remember that you don't have to complete such a project in an arbitrary amount of time. Take a break. This could be an ongoing hobby. Wasn't it the great Leonardo Da Vinci who said, "Art is never finished, only abandoned". Having a written list, like @blamocur asked about, might be a good way to start organising/ compiling things.

EDIT: I haven't seen a comprehensive, illustrated, list anywhere

Last edited:
Thank you both for replying.

Just curious: how long is your list of "... all the Mathematical 2D- and 3D shapes." ?
Well, as comprehensive as possible, sir.
I am aware, it can't be all, obviously, it is for my son, school, so ... if the most 'basic' types are there, it should be, I think, good. :)
Thank you.

You seem very interested in shapes. I'd recommend being easy on yourself if you're getting confused. Remember that you don't have to complete such a project in an arbitrary amount of time. Take a break. This could be an ongoing hobby. Wasn't it the great Leonardo Da Vinci who said, "Art is never finished, only abandoned". Having a written list, like @blamocur asked about, might be a good way to start organising/ compiling things.

EDIT: I haven't seen a comprehensive, illustrated, list anywhere
Not a hobby, art, or similar, sir, it's (as said above) for my son's school.
And yes, nowhere a more comprehensive list, which is my whole issue.
How very illogical (especially in this day in age, technology-wise, one would expect such a list to exist).

Tried to make one myself with found pictures, but I get confused to which I did or did not, or name one wrong, or ... .
Since the accident (a 30 meter drop onto concrete) is my brain ... on vacation, seems.
A permanent one ... .
Graphical work is no longer, seems, an option for me ... . :(

Thank you for responding, sir.

I've fed your chart to Google Image Search, and it came back with a bunch of image, most of which don't look too different, but just in case: https://tinyurl.com/2cvfvdbv. You might refine the image search and, possibly, get better results -- good luck !

Yes, thank you.
But I've seen these, all of them, none are even remotely "complete":
Or 2D ("incomplete"), 3D or 4D, always missing important ones, like for instance Oval, Quatrefoil, Half-Circle, which is odd.
I found ONE that is somewhat (and this is a fairly broad "somewhat") one for 3D:
(I had found another, one I had to buy, from a college or something similar ... but OF COURSE I had to misplace the link in a wrong bookmark folder, and OI cannot recall the name of the darn maker! So bloody typical ... I dislike my brain as is.), but this one, obviously, is not even for a quart "complete" ... .

That one poster I had found was nice, quite expensive, and had quite a few important ones missing as well, my son said (I need his help in this, due to my damaged intellect, if
I had to do this by myself, no one to fall back on, I'd be "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" by now ... ).

Thank you, sir.

I am looking (for 2 days now, on various search engines, to no avail) for a picture (JPG, PNG, ...) of a complete-compiled list that has all the Mathematical 2D- and 3D shapes.
I found trillions of pictures, but not one is complete.
Each found has a plethora of shapes missing:
Or the Hemisphere, or the Curvilinear Triangle, Triclinic, Chevron, Chiroelongated Triangular Cupola, Crescent, Octadecagonal Prism, Cuboctahedron, Trigonal, Hexa-or Pentagonal Pyramids, Zonohedron, Galena, Pentagonal Pyramid, Stellated Icosahedron, Quatrefoil, Gyroid, Diploid or Tetartoid, ... .
Well, as comprehensive as possible, sir.
I am aware, it can't be all, obviously, it is for my son, school, so ... if the most 'basic' types are there, it should be, I think, good.
But I've seen these, all of them, none are even remotely "complete":
Or 2D ("incomplete"), 3D or 4D, always missing important ones, like for instance Oval, Quatrefoil, Half-Circle, which is odd.

It would be extremely helpful if you could make it clear what you consider a comprehensive list of shapes, so we could know what might satisfy you.

If this is for school, then surely not all the shapes you listed are essential! Is there a list from the school? And is a set of pictures all you want, or will you also want area and volume formulas, and so on? How are they to be used?

And would you be satisfied with a set of several pages covering different categories, rather than one huge picture? Or perhaps a site with a page for each?

Thank you for replying, sir.

My son has to do a presentation, and he chose for Mathematical Geometric Shapes.
Now, he surely wants to cover 2D and 3D together, seeing, that either one of them will not fill up 30 minutes.

As for the shapes:
God, what a question ... (to my person that is, all considered).
lemme see ... (I need to check with the many various pictures, will take a bit, sir, please be patient):
Semi-Circle
Circle
Oval/Ellipsoid
Torus
Uhm ...

AH, my son arrived, PERFECT!
So:
2D:
Semi-Circle
Circle
Oval/Ellipsoid
Irregular Ellipsoid (2D egg rofl )
Ring (2D Torus)
Tre- and Quatrefoil
Triangle
Square
Penta-, Sexta-, Septa-/or Heptagon, Octa-, Nona- and Decagon.

3D:
Hemisphere
Sphere
3D Ellipsoid
Egg (lol)
Torus
Triangular Pyramid
Square Piramid
Then the Polygon versions of the Ring (2D Torus)
Tre- and Quatrefoil
Triangle
Square

3D:
Hemisphere
Sphere
3D Ellipsoid
Egg (lol)
Torus
Triangular Pyramid
Square Piramid
Tre- and Quatrefoil
Triangle
Square

3D:
Hemisphere
Sphere
3D Ellipsoid
Egg (lol)
Torus
Triangular Pyramid
Square Piramid
Tre- and Quatrefoil
Triangle
Square

3D:
Hemisphere
Sphere
3D Ellipsoid
Egg (lol)
Torus
Triangular Pyramid
Square Piramid
Then the Polygon versions of the Penta-, Sexta-, Septa-/or Heptagon, Octa-, Nona- and Decagon

IF possible:
An example of:
Gyroid
Diploid
Tetartoid

Please add the names to the shapes, if not too much to ask.
Dang I feel so bad, having to ask others. :'(

Now, since his school has a projection system, it can be put to file, a single file even.
It can be scrolled through, if this makes it easier for you, good sir.
My son can plug in his laptop and work through Wordpad, Words, ... .
If another program is preferred, I can install it to his laptop.
We are totally not fussy in that regard.

My my, I cannot remember HALF this stuff.
I had to think 3 times to figure out what a thingi-gon was (all of them).
My German is not what it once was ... :'(

Thank you beforehand, and my sincere apologies for harassing you, sir, with this ...

X.

Tetartoid
Did you try to use Google? As I used it for Tetartoid - the following popped up (along with a picture):

The Tetartoid - Wolfram Demonstrations Project​

http://demonstrations.wolfram.com › TheTetartoid

Aug 14, 2015 — The tetartoid has 12 identical irregular pentagonal faces. The mineral cobaltite sometimes occurs in this form. The individual pentagons can ...

Tetartoid from demonstrations.wolfram.com
This is your son's project. Why isn't he working on this? You are enabling him to get away with "less" effort!!!

Ah, not on tetartoid, no.
Been looking specifically for 2d/3d shape lists with names in various ways.

As for my son, he has a ton of homework each day, so yes, i am trying to help him with this one.
Notice my horrible failing here. :(