Looking to rearrange an equation. Appreciate the help!

alexmath0101010

Please check out the attached equation. Basically, I want to rearrange the equation so that we can solve for Q2.

I don't need it solved I just need Q2 to be moved to the other side of the equation so that it says Q2= (rest of the formula) I already know what the answer is.

Thanks so much for your help on this!

Attachments

• Or looked at differently.pdf
    50.4 KB · Views: 11
Please check out the attached equation. Basically, I want to rearrange the equation so that we can solve for Q2.

I don't need it solved I just need Q2 to be moved to the other side of the equation so that it says Q2= (rest of the formula) I already know what the answer is. Thanks so much for your help on this!
Hint: Multiply both sides by the denominator of the RHS.

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

READ BEFORE POSTING

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.

I don't need it solved I just need Q2 to be moved to the other side of the equation so that it says Q2= (rest of the formula) I already know what the answer is.

Thanks so much for your help on this!
\(\displaystyle E_s \ * \ \left[\frac{P_2 - P_1}{P_2 + P_1}\right] \ = \ \left[\frac{Q_2-Q_1}{Q_2+Q_1}\right]\)

L.H.S = \(\displaystyle E_s \ * \ \left[\frac{P_2 - P_1}{P_2 + P_1}\right] \ \)= All known numerical values = M

\(\displaystyle \frac{M}{1} \ = \ \left[\frac{Q_2-Q_1}{Q_2+Q_1}\right]\)

\(\displaystyle \frac{M}{1} + 1\ = \ \left[\frac{2* Q_2}{Q_2+Q_1}\right]\)..................(1) and

\(\displaystyle \frac{M}{1} - 1\ = \ - \left[\frac{2* Q_1}{Q_2+Q_1}\right]\)..................(2)

Dividing (1) by (2)

\(\displaystyle \frac{1 + M}{1 - M} \ = \ \left[\frac{Q_2}{Q_1}\right]\)

\(\displaystyle Q_2 = Q_1 \ * \ \left[\frac{1 + M}{1 - M}\right]\)

finish it......

Ok now I'm getting stuck with the final piece of this which is solving for P2. I've used what you have above but I'm still struggling... What am I missing?

Attachments

• 20201002_172516.jpg
    20201002_172516.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Ok now I'm getting stuck with the final piece of this which is solving for P2. I've used what you have above but I'm still struggling... What am I missing?
In your original post P2 was known (=7.99).

Do you have two unknowns now (Q2 & P2)?

\(\displaystyle E_s \ * \ \left[\frac{P_2 - P_1}{P_2 + P_1}\right] \ = \ \left[\frac{Q_2-Q_1}{Q_2+Q_1}\right]\)

L.H.S = \(\displaystyle E_s \ * \ \left[\frac{P_2 - P_1}{P_2 + P_1}\right] \ \)= All known numerical values = M

\(\displaystyle \frac{M}{1} \ = \ \left[\frac{Q_2-Q_1}{Q_2+Q_1}\right]\)

\(\displaystyle \frac{M}{1} + 1\ = \ \left[\frac{2* Q_2}{Q_2+Q_1}\right]\)..................(1) and

\(\displaystyle \frac{M}{1} - 1\ = \ - \left[\frac{2* Q_1}{Q_2+Q_1}\right]\)..................(2)

Dividing (1) by (2)

\(\displaystyle \frac{1 + M}{1 - M} \ = \ \left[\frac{Q_2}{Q_1}\right]\)

\(\displaystyle Q_2 = Q_1 \ * \ \left[\frac{1 + M}{1 - M}\right]\)

finish it......
Now you should write:

\(\displaystyle \left[\frac{E_s}{\frac{Q_2-Q_1}{Q_2+Q_1}}\right] \ = \ \left[\frac{P_2+P_1}{P_2-P_1}\right] \ = \ M\)

and follow the same procedure as before.....