Math equation help.

Nemestrine

In the equation

x = n / f

n is 1 kg m-2 and f is 1 kg m-1

What is x?

This is just confusing my poor brain, any help to understand would be much appreciated.

I put what I thought the answer was as x = 1 kg m2 but I'm told the numerical value is correct but the unit is incorrect, am I being stupid here or am I missing something blatantly obvious?

(Sorry if it's in the wrong area)

Thanks.

In the equation

x = n / f

n is 1 kg m-2 and f is 1 kg m-1

What is x?

This is just confusing my poor brain, any help to understand would be much appreciated.

I put what I thought the answer was as x = 1 kg m2 but I'm told the numerical value is correct but the unit is incorrect, am I being stupid here or am I missing something blatantly obvious?

(Sorry if it's in the wrong area)

Thanks.
\(\displaystyle x \ \to \ \dfrac{kg*m^{-2}}{kg*m^{-1}} \ \)

\(\displaystyle x \ \to \ \dfrac{kg}{kg} * \dfrac{m^{-2}}{m^{-1}} \ \to \ \dfrac{m^{-2}}{m^{-1}} \ \to \ \ = \ \ ?\)

I think I've frazzled my brain too much today to think. It's quite obviously an easy equation but I'm just not seeing it at the moment sorry. Math was never my strong suit.

Thanks for trying to help at least, and sorry for not understanding.

\(\displaystyle x \ \to \ \dfrac{kg*m^{-2}}{kg*m^{-1}} \ \)

\(\displaystyle x \ \to \ \dfrac{kg}{kg} * \dfrac{m^{-2}}{m^{-1}} \ \to \ \dfrac{m^{-2}}{m^{-1}} \ \to \ \ = \ \ m^{-2} * m^{1} \ = \ m^{-2 + 1} \ = \ m^{-1} \ = \ \dfrac{1}{m}\)