Math question. Really confused how to do this problem.

Nick123456789

1. The slope of a hill is
    HZR8q5cjRaARsamdEmU5mdA9hnKujJv9zRM0dkgyvsauzbFgIBxdVsseDREA8B9DD3ansxtZrHcQd6mdUvOcHXH_pvElKtBanJmJ5HfgfQ3UK-Wt4BeBV8qtsS9DUMB09v6vDpB3
    (edited). The hill has a rise of 400 m. What is the horizontal distance you cover when you climb to the top of the hill? Please show clearly how you get your answer.

1621596264832.png ....................................edited

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. The slope of a hill is 3/190. The hill has a rise of 400 m. What is the horizontal distance you cover when you climb to the top of the hill? Please show clearly how you get your answer.
Wow, those are big! Are you exaggerating the problem?

You might start with a problem with simpler numbers. Could you solve this problem?

The slope of a hill is 1/2. The hill has a rise of 400 m. What is the horizontal distance you cover when you climb to the top of the hill?​

Tell me your thoughts.

Please tell me what you know about slope. In order to help, I need to know what you are able to understand.

What I said about exaggerating was a joke. Why such huge numbers??

Please tell me what you know about slope. In order to help, I need to know what you are able to understand.

What I said about exaggerating was a joke. Why such huge numbers??
I edited the sizes down to "moderate".

1. The slope of a hill is
    HZR8q5cjRaARsamdEmU5mdA9hnKujJv9zRM0dkgyvsauzbFgIBxdVsseDREA8B9DD3ansxtZrHcQd6mdUvOcHXH_pvElKtBanJmJ5HfgfQ3UK-Wt4BeBV8qtsS9DUMB09v6vDpB3
    (edited). The hill has a rise of 400 m. What is the horizontal distance you cover when you climb to the top of the hill? Please show clearly how you get your answer.

View attachment 27375 ....................................edited
Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem

Nick123456789. I hope you are still with us after this banter. The crucial point is what definition of "slope" are you given?