mathematical analysis

chriskm

I don't understand how to prove these statements

Attachments

• 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    26.2 KB · Views: 5
Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

https://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/read-before-posting.109846/#post-486520

Please share your work/thoughts about this assignment.

View attachment 19651
The definition of cluster point is problematic for a true or false question. Although some sources will say that limit point and cluster point are the same. But not all!
The sequence \(\large a_n=\begin{cases}n &: n\text{ is odd} \\ \frac{1}{n} &: n\text{ is even}\end{cases}\)
That sequence is not bounded above. Every open interval about zero contains infinitely terms of \(a_n\) but zero is not a limit point of the sequence, but it is a cluster point of set of terms of \(a_n\).

I would say that "limit point" of a sequence and "cluster point" of a sequence are the same thing but not necessarily the same as "limit of the sequence".

I would say that "limit point" of a sequence and "cluster point" of a sequence are the same thing but not necessarily the same as "limit of the sequence".
Thank you for helping to make my point. It is next to impossible to answer a true or false problem set unless exact precise set of definitions are given.