MOBA game distributions

Hi all
For classic games such as football, the number of goals scored in a match is calculated from the Poisson distribution.
Maybe someone knows how to calculate the distribution, for example, of demolished towers in games like Dota.
In this case, we cannot apply the Poisson distribution, since the number of towers is limited in itself, considering that the game ends before all the towers on one side or the other are demolished.
Does anyone have any idea what distribution such towers might fit?
I can draw the distribution itself, but it is the mat part that is of interest that could be summed up

Hi all
For classic games such as football, the number of goals scored in a match is calculated from the Poisson distribution.
Maybe someone knows how to calculate the distribution, for example, of demolished towers in games like Dota.
In this case, we cannot apply the Poisson distribution, since the number of towers is limited in itself, considering that the game ends before all the towers on one side or the other are demolished.
Does anyone have any idea what distribution such towers might fit?
I can draw the distribution itself, but it is the mat part that is of interest that could be summed up
Most of us aren't familiar with Dota or the demolished towers you're referring to. You need to rephrase the question such that someone who doesn't play the game can understand. Perhaps add some picture/diagram.

Maybe u are right.

The Dota map is symmetrical, each team has 11 towers arranged in 3 rows on its side. (3 in a row and 2 in the final near the main building of ancient). In order to win, the team needs to demolish the building called ancient. But in order to get close to him, the players demolish the towers to facilitate their advancement and capture of the map.
It is also possible for a team to surrender before any number of towers on the map have been demolished.
The approximate distribution for the towers is as follows

1657288568364.png

@MathematicianFromUkraine would it be correct to say that there's a very limited number of possible events? This seems like a half-life kind of problem to me. There's less chance of a tower being destroyed, per unit time, as the number of towers diminishes (assuming the enemy is firing at random positions but perhaps with a known frequency?).

@MathematicianFromUkraine would it be correct to say that there's a very limited number of possible events? This seems like a half-life kind of problem to me. There's less chance of a tower being destroyed, per unit time, as the number of towers diminishes (assuming the enemy is firing at random positions but perhaps with a known frequency?).
Yes, the number of towers is really limited. And if the game time was unlimited, then probably all towers would be destroyed.

But the question is whether there is no constant frequency of demolition of the tower. 15 ещцукі may be demolished in 5 minutes of play and 0 may be demolished in 30 minutes.

Maybe u are right.

The Dota map is symmetrical, each team has 11 towers arranged in 3 rows on its side. (3 in a row and 2 in the final near the main building of ancient). In order to win, the team needs to demolish the building called ancient. But in order to get close to him, the players demolish the towers to facilitate their advancement and capture of the map.
It is also possible for a team to surrender before any number of towers on the map have been demolished.
The approximate distribution for the towers is as follows

View attachment 33338
So I did some of my own research. This is the map I found with an internet search.
Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 12.45.38 PM.png
  • There are 2 teams and each team has 11 towers represented by red and green squares.
  • The two inner towers must be destroyed in order to capture the ancient building.
  • To access the 2 inner towers, any of the three towers in a lane must be destroyed.
  • In short, you do not have to destroy all of the towers to win. The main objective is to gain complete control one of the three lanes and make your way to the most 2 inner towers, and ultimately the ancient building.
Let's look at the distribution for 1 team only since we can assume that the 2 teams are identical and independent of each other. From the info above, 5 towers are guaranteed to be destroyed in order to win. So really you're looking for the distribution of the remaining 6 towers.

Last edited:
So I did some of my own research. This is the map I found with an internet search.
View attachment 33341
  • There are 2 teams and each team has 11 towers represented by red and green squares.
  • The two inner towers must be destroyed in order to capture the ancient building.
  • To access the 2 inner towers, any of the three towers in a lane must be destroyed.
  • In short, you do not have to destroy all of the towers to win. The main objective is to gain complete control one of the three lanes and make your way to the most 2 inner towers, and ultimately the ancient building.
Let's look at the distribution for 1 team only since we can assume that the 2 teams are identical and independent of each other. From the info above, 5 towers are guaranteed to be destroyed in order to win. So really you're looking for the distribution of the remaining 6 towers.
1657351281956.png

There is a misconception that 5 towers must be destroyed. Since the game quite often ends before you get to the enshent. The distribution for 1 team is shown on the graph. The team just gives up.
Also, the statement that the demolition of towers is independent for teams is incorrect, since the dominance of one team on the map leads to the weakening of the other.