Need help on a (hopefully!) intermediate math formula

Jazzy1980

Hello, I was hoping someone may be able to assist with a math formula - any help would be much appreciated!

The scenario is this - let's assume we have a consistent amount of work items a company needs to process - say, 1000 per month.
There was a service standard that needed to be achieved, where 80% of those work items had to be completed within 20 days. This service standard was changed later on so that 80% of work items now needed to be completed within 10 days.
The extra staff provided to do this was 5, which allowed the new target of 80% in 10 days to be successfully achieved.

So the new question now is, how many extra staff would you now need if that service standard became 80% within 5 days? (or what would the formula be?).
Thank you :)

What have you tried? This being a help forum no one helper here will solve your problem for you.
I'll give you a hint by suggesting that you think of people-hours.
As to a formula, one needs to think through what that formula should be. If you're in differential equation you should have enough mathematical maturity to come up with a formula.
Show us your work so that you'll receive some help.

Hello, I was hoping someone may be able to assist with a math formula - any help would be much appreciated!

The scenario is this - let's assume we have a consistent amount of work items a company needs to process - say, 1000 per month.
There was a service standard that needed to be achieved, where 80% of those work items had to be completed within 20 days. This service standard was changed later on so that 80% of work items now needed to be completed within 10 days.
The extra staff provided to do this was 5, which allowed the new target of 80% in 10 days to be successfully achieved.

So the new question now is, how many extra staff would you now need if that service standard became 80% within 5 days? (or what would the formula be?).
Thank you :)
I'm guessing that you don't know what differential equations are, and are thinking of this as more like intermediate algebra than calculus.

But I can't tell whether this is for some class, or for an imagined "real" situation, or what. Please follow our guidelines by telling us the context of your question, and giving us some idea of what sort of work you are able to do, so we can judge how much, and in what way, to help. If it's for a class, what topic is being taught?