Need urgent help

dollyayesha2345

If line l is tangent to circle O at point A, the radius of the circle is 4 inches, and AB = 3 inches, what is length BO? Explain why.

Attachments

• 92f9ce53-3504-46b8-b60b-c6c7b944041f.png
    92f9ce53-3504-46b8-b60b-c6c7b944041f.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 1
What does your textbook/classnotes say about:

In a circle, angle between a tangent line and a radial line intersecting at the point of tangency.
I don't have any notes, in the textbook there's only one paragraph given on tangents, and then below these questions are given. I can share the pdf version of the book if needed.

I genuinely don't know which is why I need help ??
Do you have a textbook for this course?
If so then lookup the section on tangents to circles
What is the measure of [imath]\angle BAC~?[/imath] Please post what you find.

To dollyoyesha, You are the one taking this course of study. Therefore you are the one who must download the study material. We are here ready and willing to help. But you must post questions and workings so that we know what help to give.
Read reply #4 and answer its question. If you cannot then you need a sit-down face-to-face with an instructor.

You are kidding me. The VERY first thing the book states is what type of triangle OAB is. Did you look atthe diagram? It clearly shows what type of triangle OAB is.
Maybe you do not understand what it means when some asks you what type of triangle OAB is. The answer might be acute, obtuse, equilateral, right and probably a few more.

BTW, Pythagoras said hello to you.