One inequality sign to two inequality signs

Hancko

Hello Tutors, I please request assistance with the following question:
Screenshot (25).png
I came up with the solution: x<7/4, but apparently this is incorrect. They gave me solutions in the format of a>x>b. I am confused as to how to get this format.

View attachment 25312
I came up with the solution: x<7/4, but apparently this is incorrect. They gave me solutions in the format of a>x>b. I am confused as to how to get this format.
Please post your solution.

View attachment 25312
It looks like you probably multiplied both sides by x-2. You can't do that without taking into account whether x-2 is positive or negative. You can either use two cases in your work, or use a different traditional method for rational inequalities that starts with subtracting 5 from both sides, simplifies, and then considers the sign of the numerator and denominator.

It looks like you probably multiplied both sides by x-2. You can't do that without taking into account whether x-2 is positive or negative. You can either use two cases in your work, or use a different traditional method for rational inequalities that starts with subtracting 5 from both sides, simplifies, and then considers the sign of the numerator and denominator.
I am afraid I do not understand. Why do I subtract 5 from both sides?

I am afraid I do not understand. Why do I subtract 5 from both sides?
What have you been taught about solving rational inequalities? As I said, there are a couple ways to do it.

Here is what I am referring to:

Your problem is like example 4; if you haven't been taught this method, you'll want to work through the whole page, and possibly the preceeding section.​

That shows two methods, with the same example; the second is similar to the case method I mentioned, but more like the other.​

That shows the case method fully, followed by a short example of the interval method. If you carried out what I assume you did, correctly, you would need to use cases.​

Please post your solution.
IMG_20210228_133435[1].jpgIMG_20210228_133441[1].jpg
I have completed the question with Peterson's reference to the other website. Is this correct?
What have you been taught about solving rational inequalities? As I said, there are a couple ways to do it.

Here is what I am referring to:

Your problem is like example 4; if you haven't been taught this method, you'll want to work through the whole page, and possibly the preceding section.​

That shows two methods, with the same example; the second is similar to the case method I mentioned, but more like the other.​

That shows the case method fully, followed by a short example of the interval method. If you carried out what I assume you did, correctly, you would need to use cases.​
IMG_20210228_133435[1].jpgIMG_20210228_133441[1].jpg
I have completed the question with your reference to the other website. Is this correct?

Thank you for all of your support.