Please Help ASAP

imbadatmathhhhhh

Im really stuck on this math problem I was assigned and I havent found any help on youtube so Im hoping ayone could help.

"A rectangular pool measuring 15m by 10m is about to be surrounded by a walking of uniform width. if the area of the pool is equal to the area of the walkway, determine the width of the walkway."

And that was all the info given, I drew a diagram and calculated the area of the pool (which is also the walkway) but Im not sure where to go from there.

Im really stuck on this math problem I was assigned and I haven't found any help on youtube so I'm hoping anyone could help.

"A rectangular pool measuring 15m by 10m is about to be surrounded by a walking of uniform width. if the area of the pool is equal to the area of the walkway, determine the width of the walkway."

And that was all the info given, I drew a diagram and calculated the area of the pool (which is also the walkway) but Im not sure where to go from there.
Draw the rectangular pool.

Then draw the walkway (constant width = w measuring from the edge of the pool boundary. Now calculate the area of (pool + walkway) as a function of 'w' (the width of the pool walkway). .............. corrected

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.​
Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:​

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Draw the rectangular pool.

Then draw the walkway (constant width = w measuring from the edge of the pool boundary. Now calculate the area of (pool + walkway) as a function of 'w' (the width of the pool).

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.​
Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:​

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem.​
What Subotosh meant to say was “calculate the area of pool + walkway as a function of w (the width of the walkway).”

That is the efficient way to do this problem. There is another way.