Please help!!

If your current grade in the class is 92% and your average grade on labs is 10 points, what will your new current grade be if you just had a lab where you received a grade of 10 points? (Labs are worth 15% of the final grade)
Maybe I'm misinterpreting the problem, but as I read it, the current overall grade (not just on exams) is 92%, and although we don't know how many labs there are, or how points translate into percentages, and so on, we know that the lab grade didn't change -- therefore the overall grade likewise didn't change, so the answer is 92%. That would be true even if we took "current grade" to be the average of exams, since that, too, hasn't changed!

Yes, it's a poorly stated problem (which is why my initial impression was that it was unsolvable), and if I'm interpreting it right (which is hard to be sure of), it is a trick problem.

It looks to me more like a direct copy of the problem than a summary, but I could be wrong about that, too.

This is why the guidelines ask for a complete and exact statement of the problem. A high percentage of the time students cannot solve the problem because they do not fully understand the problem. Consequently their summary of the problem is flawed.
Yes this is true the students gets 10/10 on each lab which is 100 % on the labs sections. Would I just do 15% of 100 and then add that to the final percent?

Yes this is true the students gets 10/10 on each lab which is 100 % on the labs sections. Would I just do 15% of 100 and then add that to the final percent?
Are you saying that this is a real-life question, not an assignment you are quoting to us, and you know more than you initially stated?

If it is your own words, then you can answer my question: When you say "your current grade in the class is 92%", does that mean your current overall average, or your average apart from labs? And when you ask for "your new current grade", is that also your overall average?

This is a question that has been assigned to me as a homework question. The 92% in the current avaege with an average of 10 points in labs so the labs section is 100%. The question wants me to tell them what would the new average be if I just received another 10 points so 100% on a new lab?
I know that my average was a 92% with 100 percent on the lab section which is worth 15% of the final average. I jus need to know what my average is now with another 100% on the lab.

If you aren't sure, you could work out what the current average of tests is (that is, the 85%), and then use that to find the new overall average, using the method you used earlier.

But you'll find that feels like a waste of time when you're done (though it may be good exercise for you).

You have a 100% on your lab before the last lab. After the last lab, your lab average is still 100%. So in your final average you will include 100% of 15, which is 15, whether you had this last lab or not. Now for the non-lab part of this course you had some average and to the 15 points from the lab, you need to add 85% of the non-lab grade. Since the non-lab grade did not change whether you had this last lab or not, then your average would still be 92%.
Dr Peterson definitely interrupted this problem correctly. You really should have said that the 10 points on the lab represented a score of 100%!