point in math

so if I want to point any point lets assume this point on x axis, can I call any point there by anything I want, name it by whatever I want? I mean lets assume in my problem I want the max x distance, lets assume I have x axis which represent distance, so if I marked a point on x axis by Xmax, how it's logically right and not contrast? because it's given the axis x and not the axis of Xmax .. understand my problem?
You can name it whatever you want,there is no contrast and no "Xmax" axis, just the "x" axis.If you have a point on the x axis it simply means that the x coordinate of your point equals whatever value attributed to it and the y coordinate equals 0.
Here is my advice : try to think simply and don't confuse yourself.

Hi guys, in brief Im so confused why when we want to project specific x1,y1 on xy axis then we are doing straight lines for x1 and straight lines for y1 ..why it's straight line?
I mean lets assume I have on mid of xy axis a point called x1,y1 then we are generally refer x1 as straight line towards x axis, and y1 refer it as straight line towards y ..why straight line? why not any other patterns of lines? why exactly straight line?
I mean for instance (- are xy axis and + is the coordination point) .. why we are doing specifically straight line for describing a point(i MEAN WHERE there is +)? is there a specific goal that choosing straight line for project a point coordination and not any other SHAPES OF LINES?
--------------------------------
- +
- +
- +
- +
- +
- +
- +++++++++++++ x1,y1

-

Why straight lines? Only for convenience!

The fact is, you can define all sorts of coordinate systems, including curvilinear (using curves) as well as rectilinear (using straight lines, which don't necessarily have to be at right angles). You may have heard of polar, cylindrical, and spherical coordinate systems, each of which uses a mixture of circles and lines.

But straight lines are easiest to work with in many cases, so that is what we teach first.

I was going to write a better explanation than Dr Peterson but then I realized that he really did say it all! Good job!