Rectangle and Triangles

AvgStudent

ABCD is a rectangle with the following lengths: AP=40, BP=24, CP=60. Find the length of DP.
I found this interesting old thread that was unanswered. I don't think there's enough information to solve. Thoughts?
Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 9.33.59 PM.png

ABCD is a rectangle with the following lengths: AP=40, BP=24, CP=60. Find the length of DP.
I found this interesting old thread that was unanswered. I don't think there's enough information to solve. Thoughts?
View attachment 30780
No, it's perfectly solvable.

Suppose B is at (0,0), P is at (x,y), D is at (w,h). Write equations for AP^2, BP^2, and CP^2, and combine them to form the expression for PD^2. The answer is even a nice number!

Suppose B is at (0,0), P is at (x,y), D is at (w,h). Write equations for AP^2, BP^2, and CP^2, and combine them to form the expression for PD^2. The answer is even a nice number!
Hi @Dr.Peterson, probably due to my lack of knowledge in geometry, I don't see a way to set a relationship between the lengths you mentioned. Can you provide a bit more hint like what theorem would I use?

Hi @Dr.Peterson, probably due to my lack of knowledge in geometry, I don't see a way to set a relationship between the lengths you mentioned. Can you provide a bit more hint like what theorem would I use?
Given coordinates of 2 points, what is the formula for the distance between them?

Somewhat unexpected since there are 4 variables but only 3 equations. There must be a "more geometric" solution, but I can't think of any.

Somewhat unexpected since there are 4 variables but only 3 equations. There must be a "more geometric" solution, but I can't think of any.
I haven't solved it, but theoretically, you don't need to find w and h, you only need the sum of their squares.