Simplifying Roots of Fractions

Hi Lev888

Thanks for replying.

Does it not matter that the 'a' is no longer in the numerator?

I tried to compare these on Mathway - which I pay for - but it said the second one wasn't an identity for the first.

Hi Lev888

Thanks for replying.

Does it not matter that the 'a' is no longer in the numerator?

I tried to compare these on Mathway - which I pay for - but it said the second one wasn't an identity for the first.
Can you post a screenshot?

Can you post a screenshot?

Strangely... I got two different results to the same equation... I have either typed something in incorrectly, or Mathway isn't as trustworthy as I thought.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 5
Seriously, you do not see that

[MATH]\sqrt{\dfrac{13^2 * 25}{4}} \equiv 13 * \dfrac{5}{2} \equiv \dfrac{13 * 5 }{2} \equiv \dfrac{65}{2}.[/MATH]
If you ever think that some statement about variables is mysterious, try substituting some numbers.

Strangely... I got two different results to the same equation... I have either typed something in incorrectly, or Mathway isn't as trustworthy as I thought.
Did you specify different domains? If a is negative, it's not an identity. Otherwise it is.

Looks like Mathway has a bug. I'd let them know. Maybe they can fix it.

-Dan

For the record [math]\sqrt{x^2} \neq x[/math]. Just plug in say -7 for x and see if you get -7 back.