Solution Explanation Help

dxs

1595102857597.png
So I have this question, and understand the first part, but do not understand the "over [0 degrees, 360 degrees]."
Would this mean I put my end angles into the [ ] brackets?

No. If you add 360 degrees to any angle, you get the same angle: [MATH]\alpha[/MATH]=[MATH]\alpha[/MATH]+360o. In this particular problem they want all the angles in the range [0o,360o] that satisfy 5sin([MATH]\theta[/MATH])=2.

View attachment 20517
So I have this question, and understand the first part, but do not understand the "over [0 degrees, 360 degrees]."
Would this mean I put my end angles into the [ ] brackets?
Are you familiar with interval notation? This means [MATH]0 \le \theta \le 360^o[/MATH].

Reactions: dxs
Have you thought about the domain of the arcsine function?

Oh this is just for Grade 11, Im not sure what arcsine is yet.
The arcsin function is the inverse function to the sine function, sometimes shown as

[MATH]sin^{-1} ( \theta ).[/MATH]
If you didn't use that function, how did you get an answer for theta?

The arcsin function is the inverse function to the sine function, sometimes shown as

[MATH]sin^{-1} ( \theta ).[/MATH]
If you didn't use that function, how did you get an answer for theta?
Oh I've jut never heard the word arcsin but I know about the inverse sin function. :)

Oh I've jut never heard the word arcsin but I know about the inverse sin function. :)
Well before you finally decide that your answer is correct, think carefully about whether you considered the domain of that function.

Well before you finally decide that your answer is correct, think carefully about whether you considered the domain of that function.
I'm wondering if you mean "range"?

@dxs, to help us be sure you don't need more help, maybe you can tell us your answer.