Solving an exponential equation

gamaz321

I am trying to find the solution to an exponential equation. However, after a few steps, I cannot figure out to move further. I would appreciate any suggestions to help me retry the problem again.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_Exponential_Equation.jpg
    Screenshot_Exponential_Equation.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 7
I am trying to find the solution to an exponential equation. However, after a few steps, I cannot figure out to move further. I would appreciate any suggestions to help me retry the problem again.
Thank you.
Hmmmmm... Ugly. Is this the whole problem or just where you are getting lost? It seems a strange starting point.

-Dan

The problem is stated in the first line after Solve for x statement. I could proceed in just a couple few steps. I got stuck after I did my second step where I have no clue as to how to move further. I am not even sure if my approach is correct or not. Thank you.

The problem is stated in the first line after Solve for x statement. I could proceed in just a couple few steps. I got stuck after I did my second step where I have no clue as to how to move further. I am not even sure if my approach is correct or not. Thank you.
Can you show us an image of the actual problem? I'm wondering if what you take as [imath]\log_{1/4}(x-1)[/imath] is really [imath]\log_{1/4}(x)-1[/imath], which would be easier to handle.