The 1% Club, 7th May

The Highlander

This week's 1% Club Show questions

Remember: Participants are only allowed 30 seconds to come up with an answer, however, since the presenter reads out the question after it’s displayed but before the timer starts, I think it is reasonable to allow yourself 33 seconds after you click on the ‘Reveal’ button before timing yourself out.

After last week’s (somewhat disappointingly) poor response, I decided I would only post the three “hardest” questions, ie: 10%, 5% & 1%.

However, there was no 5% question this week!

Only 2 contestants made it as far as the 10% question and both got it wrong!

This meant that they were then offered the choice of taking their half share of the £10k prize (for being the final 2 contestants) or going on to attempt the 1% question for a possible share of the £98k final prize pot.
The woman took the five grand but the man (rather foolhardily) decided to go for the 1% question with a chance of getting the £98k all to himself.

He got it wrong & left with nothing.

I got all the questions in this show correct within the allowed 30 seconds except for two!

I ran out of time on both the 30% question and the 1% question; all the rest I answered correctly comfortably within the 30 seconds, though I did only finish checking my answer to the 10% question with 1 second to spare!

I still hadn’t thought of the right answer for the 30% question by the time it was revealed on the show so I thought I would include that one in lieu of the 5% question since there wasn’t one of those this week.

Enjoy
The 30% Question:-
This and the 1% are the only ones where I didn’t get the right answer within the 30 seconds. I still hadn’t got it by the time it was revealed.

4a3VpIZB_o.png
The 10% Question:-
I got this (right) and finished checking my answer with one second to spare.

RRvFmoV5_o.png
The 1% Question:-
I was still slogging away at the possibilities when the time ran out on this one!

TJCukPha_o.png
I will post the answers later this week.

tie -> Parties
I counted 82
1% No clue. This is more of a trivial question. I don't see a logical way to get to the answer. :unsure:

1% No clue. This is more of a trivial question. I don't see a logical way to get to the answer. :unsure:
Start at One and go through all the numbers, discounting each one that doesn't have its letters in alphabetical order (but you are unlikely to reach the answer in time! ?).

The best 'approach' is probably an "inspired guess" or a "leap of faith"* or (like last week) to just happen to have that particular piece of trivia in your possession!
Remember? FACETIOUS: one of the few words in the English language that has all five vowels in their correct order.

That's a piece of trivia I've been aware of for many years and posted it in the very first 1% Club thread (so some other(s) in here also had it 'to hand' when it came up as the previous 1% question and were able to answer it 'instantly').

There is quite likely a (goodly?) number of individuals who just happen to know which number is the first to have all its letters in alphabetical order. Unfortunately, you and I are not among them. ?

*That suggestion may become clearer when you see the actual answer. ?

This week's 1% Club Show Answers

I’m afraid it looks like any interest in this show has almost completely gone (only one person had a go this week) so I won’t bother posting the questions from any further shows.

Like last week, I have included the questions as well as the answers for the convenience of anyone who stumbles across the thread and wants to have a go at answering the questions before looking at the answers.

Remember: (Especially if you are coming to this “fresh”) participants are only allowed 30 seconds to come up with an answer, however, since the presenter reads out the question after it’s displayed but before the timer starts, I think it is reasonable to allow yourself 33 seconds after you click on the ‘Reveal’ button before timing yourself out.

The 30% Question:-

4a3VpIZB_o.png
wUUcAtkG_o.png
The 10% Question:-

RRvFmoV5_o.png
XPdkumuQ_o.png
The 1% Question:-

TJCukPha_o.png
1D2OaQWF_o.png