The bouncy balls the most bouncy

Jignesh77

Good morning,

I saw the above in one of the YouTube videos about year 6 maths. I got Masters in Chemistry and love helping my son with his studies. Could someone please explain the answer which would help me to explain my son the logic. It's not a homework question. The correct answer is shop A and they have mentioned in the video, the number "8" is more bouncier than number "5". I really don't understand at all.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Bouncy ball question .jpg
    Bouncy ball question .jpg
    746 KB · Views: 10
So sorry it looks like the video was made for fun: April Fool. I am so gullible. I fell for it.

So sorry it looks like the video was made for fun: April Fool. I am so gullible. I fell for it.
Just out of interest, please share the link to the YouTube video you saw.

It was clearly based on this question:-

1711971914874.png

which is a genuine year 6 Maths question with the following solution:-

The bouncy balls are the best value for money at Shop A.

Step 1: Calculate the cost per bouncy ball in Shop A: 64p / 8 balls = 8p per ball.
Step 2: Calculate the cost per bouncy ball in Shop B: 45p / 5 balls = 9p per ball.
Step 3: Compare the cost per bouncy ball in both shops. Shop A: 8p, Shop B: 9p.
Step 4: Since 8p is less than 9p, the bouncy balls are the best value for money at Shop A.

So it might be interesting (and, indeed, "
fun") to see how they made a joke out of it. 🤔

Thanks. 👍😉

In you question, it's obvious that the are asking the best value for money but in my question, they mentioned "which bouncy balls the most bouncy"?
When I checked comments section, I realised I fell for it. Hats off to the teacher for pulling this one off!

Thank you for your answer.

In you question, it's obvious that the are asking the best value for money but in my question, they mentioned "which bouncy balls the most bouncy"?
When I checked comments section, I realised I fell for it. Hats off to the teacher for pulling this one off!

Thank you for your answer.
Yep! It just goes to show how useful it can be to have a quick browse through the comments below a YouTube video before watching it! 😉🤣