The height TR of a tree

Eddy

I sympathize with your dilemma, but the Khan is correct.

To solve this problem, you need to know one fact of physics (which is not part of mathematics at all), and both some basic plane geometry and some basic algebra. It is too much to absorb in one go. I suggest you buy a book with exercises on elementary algebra and fully master that before trying geometry. Someone here can undoubtedly suggest a good textbook that will take you from step 1 of algebra up to or even into pre-calculus. It is hard to learn math from a textbook alone, but they are far less expensive than a tutor, and we here could be more help if you were following a systematic course of study, even one that some of us think may be less than ideal.
Thank you Jeff, thank you. Just name the book and I'll buy it. Rightaway.

Thank you Jeff, thank you. Just name the book and I'll buy it. Rightaway.
Ask jomo or Dr. Pete.

I am not the right person to ask. Remember that I am neither a mathematician nor a teacher. I am a banker who studied European history and languages and picked up some math along the way.

I will tell you that I think paul's notes are great (not a text book, but an online resource). They tend to move along at a very rapid rate, but I have found it useful when I have sought to explain something as clearly as possible. It is not a substitute for a textbook. Great supplement though.

PS: Notice my little quote at the bottom. It is from one of the great figures of historical scholarship rather than a mathematician.

Ask jomo or Dr. Pete.

I am not the right person to ask. Remember that I am neither a mathematician nor a teacher. I am a banker who studied European history and languages and picked up some math along the way.

I will tell you that I think paul's notes are great (not a text book, but an online resource). They tend to move along at a very rapid rate, but I have found it useful when I have sought to explain something as clearly as possible. It is not a substitute for a textbook. Great supplement though.
I'll get Paul's notes first. I might get any math book from my daughter. She is in college and and she has a membership in a site where you are allowed to download books for free. In digital form, but a book anyways. Can you hit me up in Conversations and send me the link for Pau's note, please?. Thanks for the recommendation. if you learn of any other tool, let me know please, I'd appreciate it no end. Any membership, not that hefty pricewise but trustable and with good teachin' will also be welcomed as a recomendation. I know you all have my math back but it is also very good a tutoring one on one maybe anyone here knows one affordable for the working stiff.

Last edited:
in the meantime I keep watching tutorials and reading online. it is not something to be discarded and all your answers and explanations go into my journal, Eddy's notes!.

I'll get Paul's notes first. I might get any math book from my daughter. She is in college and and she has a membership in a site where you are allowed to download books for free. In digital form, but a book anyways. Can you hit me up in Conversations and send me the link for Pau's note, please?. Thanks for the recommendation. if you learn of any other tool, let me know please, I'd appreciate it no end. Any membership, not that hefty pricewise but trustable and with good teachin' will also be welcomed as a recomendation. I know you all have my math back but it is also very good a tutoring one on one maybe anyone here knows one affordable for the working stiff.
I found Paul's notes online. thanks.

just a footnote. no need to comment.
studying something about optics, I saw that by the law of reflection of light, the incident angle is equal to the reflected ray, hence it can be deduced that the angle TMR is equal to the angle EMP of the other triangle, as well as both triangles have a right angle, then the 3 angles of both triangles are equal and therefore are similar.