Transposition of equation

Duncs693

T = 4pi [ (M + 3m)L / 3(M + 2m)g] ^0.5

Can anyone rearrange this for m please?Screenshot_20201103_203800_com.whatsapp.jpg

We like to help you learn to do such tasks yourself, which requires that you show us where you need help:

If you have no idea even how to start, I would begin by dividing both sides by [MATH]4\pi[/MATH], to isolate the square root; then square both sides. The next step can be a little tricky if you haven't done it recently, so I'd like to see your attempt so I can know what advice to offer.

We like to help you learn to do such tasks yourself, which requires that you show us where you need help:

If you have no idea even how to start, I would begin by dividing both sides by [MATH]4\pi[/MATH], to isolate the square root; then square both sides. The next step can be a little tricky if you haven't done it recently, so I'd like to see your attempt so I can know what advice to offer.

I can to here but cant see how it's wrong or where to correct.
Please see attached picture.

Attachments

• 16044422858407181006364795707300.jpg
    16044422858407181006364795707300.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
I can to here but cant see how it's wrong or where to correct.
Please see attached picture.
You did very well until you replaced [MATH]\frac{M+3m}{M+2m}[/MATH] with [MATH]\frac{M}{M}+\frac{3m}{2m}[/MATH]. Surely you know that fractions don't work that way! (The canceling you tried below that is equally wrong, and for the same reason.)

Instead, multiply both sides of the equation by the denominator, [MATH]M+2m[/MATH]; or, if you'd rather work with as few fractions as possible, multiply by the LCD, [MATH]16\pi^2L(M+2m)[/MATH]. Then distribute, and you will have a linear equation that should look fairly straightforward.

Where you were stuck is exactly where I said many students find it tricky!