Trying to find interior of polygon with only sides and diagonals

I need he1p

So basically my mum is trying to solve a problem in which there is a trapezium-ish shape with its sides and diagonals measured and she is trying to figure out the interior angles of the four corners

1644080504625.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically my mum is trying to solve a problem in which there is a trapezium-ish shape with its sides and diagonals measured and she is trying to figure out the interior angles of the four corners

View attachment 31001
You have several triangles with 3 sides defined. Use laws of cosines for triangles and tell us what you find. For example, in triangle DAC

cos(DCA) = (AC2 + CD2 - DA2) / (2 * AC * CD)...................... and continue similarly

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 31002
Note that you have redundant data there, i.e. one diagonal and four sides are enough for the computations. In situations like this I usually take advantage of a redundancy to verify my measurements.

Wow thank you so much I can’t believe I didn’t spot that haha
Note that you have redundant data there, i.e. one diagonal and four sides are enough for the computations. In situations like this I usually take advantage of a redundancy to verify my measurements.

You have several triangles with 3 sides defined. Use laws of cosines for triangles and tell us what you find. For example, in triangle DAC

cos(DCA) = (AC2 + CD2 - DA2) / (2 * AC * CD)...................... and continue similarly
Thank you ???