Use of Latex

chijioke

How do I write this in Latex. That's expression number 6,7 and 9. It is in the attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_20220728_220545.jpg
    IMG_20220728_220545.jpg
    772 KB · Views: 15
How do I write this in Latex. That's expression number 6,7 and 9. It is in the attachment.
[?tex] \sqrt[m]{a^b}[/tex] → \(\displaystyle \sqrt[m]{a^b}\)

In the line above, remove "?" and you would have the "LaTex" code for \(\displaystyle \sqrt[m]{a^b}\)

Please show us what you have tried and exactly where you are stuck.

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated at:

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem

I have not even asked for help concerning the problem. Am concerned with showing the expression in Latex. When I need help concerning the problem I would want to write in Latex, then I will show what I have tried and exactly where am stuck. Then I will start the thread in the appropriate topic. For now, I just need help with Latex.

In the line above, remove "?" and you would have the "LaTex" code for \displaystyle \sqrt[m]{a^b}mab
Thanks for the one you showed me. Did you see expression number 9.How do I write it Latex?

I have not even asked for help concerning the problem. Am concerned with showing the expression in Latex. When I need help concerning the problem I would want to write in Latex, then I will show what I have tried and exactly where am stuck. Then I will start the thread in the appropriate topic. For now, I just need help with Latex.
I believe he was asking you to show what Latex you had tried, so we could see where you needed help with that. We still don't know!

Give #9 a try.

I believe he was asking you to show what Latex you had tried, so we could see where you needed help with that. We still don't know!
Okay. I will try but not now. May be when am less busy. Expect my trial soon. Thank you.

You should be aware that the delimiters for LaTeX are not consistent from site to site
That's why I was asking for help concerning number 9. Because I was dealing particularly with this site.

That's why I was asking for help concerning number 9.
Just to be sure, the LaTeX delimiters (AKA tags) are what enclose the LaTeX codes and tell the system which style to use. You can find the delimiters with style options described in the LaTeX thread from which I'd quoted those reference links earlier. (Click the link "mmm4444bot said:" in post #4.)

There's also information in that thread to help with number 9.

?

This is what I want to show:
9. \(\displaystyle \frac{2.874^3+6}{2.874^3-6}\)
6. \(\displaystyle \sqrt{61.73^2-38.27^2}\)
7. \(\displaystyle 3.025^3-\sqrt{4}{759.4}\)
Extra \(\displaystyle \sqrt{\frac{173.8×14.7^2}{2.61^3}
\)

Please follow the rules of posting in this forum, as enunciated a

Please share your work/thoughts about this problem
I have made an attempt to show what have in mind in post 12. Can you help me with the last one. As you can see am stuck in it?

This is what I want to show:

For 9.
\frac{x}{y} gives [imath]\displaystyle \frac{x}{y}[/imath]

x^3 gives [imath]x^3[/imath]

So nest them.
\frac{2.874^3 + 6}{2.874^3 - 6} gives [imath]\displaystyle \frac{2.874^3 + 6}{2.874^3 - 6}[/imath]

-Dan

Addendum: \sqrt4759.4 gives [imath]\sqrt4795.4[/imath]. \sqrt{4759.4} gives [imath]\sqrt{4759.4}[/imath] Use the { } to enclose the argument.

If you look at my post 12. Am having problem where I wrote extra. I uploaded image because I did not include in the beginning of the thread.

Attachments

• IMG_20220731_173226.jpg
    IMG_20220731_173226.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 4
If you look at my post 12. Am having problem where I wrote extra. I uploaded image because I did not include in the beginning of the thread.
Two things. First, when I code I put spaces in to remind me where I need to end { } symbols. You didn't close the square root:
\sqrt{\frac{173.8×14.7^2}{2.61^3}
vs
\sqrt{\frac{173.8×14.7^2}{2.61^3}}

I would have typed this in as
\sqrt{ \frac{173.8×14.7^2}{2.61^3} } gives [imath] \sqrt{ \frac{173.8×14.7^2}{2.61^3} } [/imath]

Second. I use a site that shows me what the code will look like. See here.

-Dan

Two things. First, when I code I put spaces in to remind me where I need to end { } symbols. You didn't close the square root:
\sqrt{\frac{173.8×14.7^2}{2.61^3}
vs
\sqrt{\frac{173.8×14.7^2}{2.61^3}}

I would have typed this in as
\sqrt{ \frac{173.8×14.7^2}{2.61^3} } gives [imath] \sqrt{ \frac{173.8×14.7^2}{2.61^3} } [/imath]
Thanks I have seen the error. I think I will be more careful next time.
I have achieved one of my aim now. I shall be creating a new thread. There I will need help concerning this. Of course I will not forget to show my work and were am stuck in the new thread so as to enable people who are willing to help to know were they will come in.

Last edited:
I use a site that shows me what the code will look like.
This forum's 'Insert Math' dialog box also displays a preview of LaTeX coding (as you type it), allowing users to fix coding errors before posting.

The toolbar icon for the 'Insert Math' dialog box is: f(x).

Ldb1.JPG

Ldb2.JPG

[imath]\;[/imath]

Thanks I have seen the error. I think I will be more careful next time.
I would add one caution. LaTex is very finicky about formatting. So if I am trying to post a "problem" - l would first type it out using "in-line ASCII" format. Then if I have time, I would rewrite the problem in LaTex.
As always, please review your "intended" post - prior to hitting "post" button.

Last edited by a moderator: