What Books are Recommended? (pre-algebra books that are easier to comprehend)

Inkhole

I am beginning to learn maths at a later age (58) and have struggled with parts of Serge Lang's Basic Mathematics due to the way certain sections are written. Does anyone have any suggestions on any pre-algebra books that are easier to comprehend please? Also, I'm a full-time carer for Mother (vascular dementia) so perhaps there are online self paced courses someone could recommend please.

Thank you in advance for any help

Ian

Thank you for your suggestion; the website certainly looks good. A retired teacher would be fantastic but I'm a full-time carer for mother so I cannot leave the house, although I guess over Zoom or similar could work though; great, I'll start searching :thumbup:

Beer induced recall and recommendation follows.
I am beginning to learn maths at a later age (58) and have struggled with parts of Serge Lang's Basic Mathematics due to the way certain sections are written. Does anyone have any suggestions on any pre-algebra books that are easier to comprehend please? Also, I'm a full-time carer for Mother (vascular dementia) so perhaps there are online self paced courses someone could recommend please.

Thank you in advance for any help

Ian
Click on that Pre-Algebra Full Course stuff.