Wordy problem

hieudoan238

Given a manufacturing line of 4 phases with:
Phase 1 (5s) -> Phase 2 (10s) -> Phase 3 (8s) -> Phase 4 (7s) -> finished
In each phase, there can only be 1 product under working ( maximum capacity of 1). Assuming there is no failure in the manufacturing line, calculate the total number of output after time T= 100s and T= n (second)
My attempt: i tried to calculate the interval after the first product is finished which is 7 second. It seems wrong to me and i dont know whether there is better approach

Given a manufacturing line of 4 phases with:
Phase 1 (5s) -> Phase 2 (10s) -> Phase 3 (8s) -> Phase 4 (7s) -> finished
In each phase, there can only be 1 product under working ( maximum capacity of 1). Assuming there is no failure in the manufacturing line, calculate the total number of output after time T= 100s and T= n (second)
My attempt: i tried to calculate the interval after the first product is finished which is 7 second. It seems wrong to me and i dont know whether there is better approach
If you start product (1) at 0:00 it will leave station (4) at 30:00

Then product (2) can start at 10:00 so that it can enter station (2) at 15:00 (as soon as product 1 leaves station 2) and will leave the station (4) at 40:00

So the interval time should be 10 seconds - the longest residence time among all the phases.

continue......

If you start product (1) at 0:00 it will leave station (4) at 30:00

Then product (2) can start at 10:00 so that it can enter station (2) at 15:00 (as soon as product 1 leaves station 2) and will leave the station (4) at 40:00

So the interval time should be 10 seconds - the longest residence time among all the phases.

continue......
Thank you