difference in sales price

Dr Khan gave me a like. That meant he found no fault in the problem. What have you found that has made you think there is something wrong?.
As written the question in the problem is somewhat ambiguous, as detailed in post 15. The most obvious interpretation is "what is the difference between sale prices of the 2 TVs?", which is what you chose. But then the problem should've asked about "sale prices", not "sales price".

I took a pic with my cell of the word document.
As to the prices, I found out how much the discounts amounted to on both cases and found the difference. Just that.

Attachments

• 20210116_191921.jpg
    20210116_191921.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 2
As written the question in the problem is somewhat ambiguous, as detailed in post 15. The most obvious interpretation is "what is the difference between sale prices of the 2 TVs?", which is what you chose. But then the problem should've asked about "sale prices", not "sales price".
Well, then there is a mistake in the s.

What is the difference in the sale prices.
That is what the problem says. If I mispelt then I am sorry.

Well, then there is a mistake in the s.
Even commas are important ;)
A panda walks into a café. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and fires two shots in the air.
"Why?" asks the confused waiter, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.
"I'm a panda," he says at the door. "Look it up."
The waiter turns to the relevant entry in the manual and, sure enough, finds an explanation.
"Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves."

Even commas are important ;)
A panda walks into a café. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and fires two shots in the air.
"Why?" asks the confused waiter, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.
"I'm a panda," he says at the door. "Look it up."
The waiter turns to the relevant entry in the manual and, sure enough, finds an explanation.
"Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves."
?? yes punctuation makes a big difference.
Sorry if I wrote sales instead of sale..and I did. I took a look at the problem I posted and yes, Mr Jomo was right. There was something off and that was a letter. Wow!.

?? yes punctuation makes a big difference.
Sorry if I wrote sales instead of sale..and I did. I took a look at the problem I posted and yes, Mr Jomo was right. There was something off and that was a letter. Wow!.

Thanks for posting the image. Apparently you posted what was sent to you. It amazes me how one letter can make a difference.

Do you now understand how there is three difference that you could consider? In real life situation I think that knowing the difference between the two sale prices is most important. For example, do I really want to drive an extra 20 minutes to save $5 (or $95). For $5 no, but for $95 yes.

I have a habit of writing thing for think. I just can't stop making my mistake. I had to write a report for history when I was in 8th grade. My teacher gave me a grade of C. I noticed the last word was thing and when I told him I meant think he looked at me very strangely as do you really think that one letter will make a difference. I knew it would since I read the returned report twice--once with thing and once with think. My teacher reluctantly re-read the report, actually understood what I was saying this time and changed my grade to an A. For the record, I felt the C was a fair great with thing at the end and an A was fair with think at the end. One letter in a report changed my grade from a C to an A. That is crazy!

Thanks for posting the image. Apparently you posted what was sent to you. It amazes me how one letter can make a difference.

Do you now understand how there is three difference that you could consider? In real life situation I think that knowing the difference between the two sale prices is most important. For example, do I really want to drive an extra 20 minutes to save $5 (or $95). For $5 no, but for $95 yes.

I have a habit of writing thing for think. I just can't stop making my mistake. I had to write a report for history when I was in 8th grade. My teacher gave me a grade of C. I noticed the last word was thing and when I told him I meant think he looked at me very strangely as do you really think that one letter will make a difference. I knew it would since I read the returned report twice--once with thing and once with think. My teacher reluctantly re-read the report, actually understood what I was saying this time and changed my grade to an A. For the record, I felt the C was a fair great with thing at the end and an A was fair with think at the end. One letter in a report changed my grade from a C to an A. That is crazy!
Thanks a lot for sharing that. I appreciated!.
I will work on the other problem tomorrow and post some work. Have a good night.

Hi, dear tutors:
One store sells a particular tv for $375 but is offering it at a 20 percent discount off the regular price this week. a second store sells the same tv for $400 but is having a 30% off sale this week. what is the difference in the sales price before a a 6% sale tax is added?

Given
TV1 regular price $375 being sold at 20% discount
tv2 .......................$400 …....................... 30%

tv1
to find how much the 20% discount is off the regular price 375*0.2= 75 dollars
So,
375-75=300 dollars sales price

tv2
400*0.3=120 dollars off the sales price
400-120=280
the difference in the sales price is 20 dollars

I am asking for your confirmation of this solution,
Thanks a lot for all the help and hints you give.
eddy
See red above. The difference in the sale price is $120, not $20.

If it is sales price then it is 120.
If it dif in sale price, that is between the two prices after discounts have been applied ,then, it is 20 dollars, is this so?.
No, that is where all this problem started from!
If it dif in sale prices, that is between the two prices after discounts have been applied ,then, it is 20 dollars. YES!

No, that is where all this problem started from!
If it dif in sale prices, that is between the two prices after discounts have been applied ,then, it is 20 dollars. YES!
Ohh, I see it now!.

Ohh, I see it now!.
I am terrible at English, I really am!. Besides this is not English 101 Forum.

I used to be depressed because I did not have a 1st language (it should be english but I am terrible at it) but then I realized that my 1st language is math!!!!!!

I wish I could have the English you have along with 2 % of your Math ?
No, you really do not want my english skills. Just ask anyone on this forum, except HallsofIvy--I could only imagine what he thinks of my english skills. At least he respects my math skills.

When it comes to math I know that I am far from a mathematician but I'd like to feel that I hold my own.

No, you really do not want my english skills. Just ask anyone on this forum, except HallsofIvy--I could only imagine what he thinks of my english skills. At least he respects my math skills.

When it comes to math I know that I am far from a mathematician but I'd like to feel that I hold my own.
Mr Jomo. You hold your own and a lot of people's own in such an awesome way!. Thanks a lot for everything.