Riddle

My undergraduate professors were all gifted teachers. My graduate professors were also gifted teachers and superb research mathematicians. I would put the math faculty at The City College of New York up against any other math department and they will win as far as research goes. They can always hold their heads up high as far as being mathematicians.

Where is your local college? Sorry to hear that they produce dropouts.

My local college is in Northern California. Everyone (almost!) who goes there thinks only of the social aspect of college, and most people who attend college there make messes of their lives before graduation.

I personally think that this rubbish is due to the non-strenuous workload. As @Jomo said, a professor who tries to kill you prepares you well. I did more work in 6th grade than many students do there!

My local college is in Northern California. Everyone (almost!) who goes there thinks only of the social aspect of college, and most people who attend college there make messes of their lives before graduation.

I personally think that this rubbish is due to the non-strenuous workload. As @Jomo said, a professor who tries to kill you prepares you well. I did more work in 6th grade than many students do there!
That is too bad. Did you attend this local college?