The equation of line A is given by 2y − x = 6. 2 y minus x equals 6 Select the equation that could represent line B

The values if x is the value of the slope in both equations.
The purpose?
To prove that these two equations have a negative slope and hence a downward movement.
That's not why we're doing it. We already know that the slopes are negative but we have 2 answers with negative slopes. Re-read post#17. I told you the reason. It's not just about doing it. You should know why you're doing it.

That's not why we're doing it. We already know that the slopes are negative but we have 2 answers with negative slopes. Re-read post#17. I told you the reason. It's not just about doing it. You should know why you're doing it.
I asked way above what was the reason for equating the resultant the slope intercept form with these two equations.
I know how to solve the equations as you can see but I an not sure why we are doing that and for how it helps in finding the answer. No clue at all.

I asked way above what was the reason for equating the resultant the slope intercept form with these two equations.
I know how to solve the equations as you can see but I an not sure why we are doing that and for how it helps in finding the answer. No clue at all.
What do you think we're expected to find when setting two equations equal to each other? Please think about the answer.

I know it has to do with what Dr Khan told me at the beginning
When x = 0 y = 3
But still not getting it.

The intersecting point That is what you said you wanted to find out by equating all that

I did. What Graphs you asked to look at?
I thought you meant the graphs that the answer choices given when put into desmos

BBB, at post 48 you said this:
Correct. You found the graphs either intercept at x=0 or x=8/5. Look at the OP's graph, one of them is definitely wrong. Which one is it?
What graph did you mean?.
Maybe you meant the equations in the answer choices.

Eddy

Please, i literally beg you: do not just answer. I had a good friend; we used to have drinks together after work two or three nights a week.He had been trained as a lawyer, and I used to say to him that the worst aspect of legal training was the emphasis on an immediate answer. In 99.9% of life outside a courtroom, a burning building, or an emergency room, what is important is a correct answer rather than a speedy one.

This problem had two aspects. First, if the slope is positive, the function rises going from left to right, and , if the slope is negative, the function falls going from left to right. That is what slope means. That meant two equations were immediately not suitable.

Second, if two linear equations are both in slope-intercept form, the one with the greater intercept cuts the y-axis above the other.

This whole problem was about understanding what QUALITATIVE information can be deduced by comparing linear equations in slope-intercept form.

Eddy

Please, i literally beg you: do not just answer. I had a good friend; we used to have drinks together after work two or three nights a week.He had been trained as a lawyer, and I used to say to him that the worst aspect of legal training was the emphasis on an immediate answer. In 99.9% of life outside a courtroom, a burning building, or an emergency room, what is important is a correct answer rather than a speedy one.

This problem had two aspects. First, if the slope is positive, the function rises going from left to right, and , if the slope is negative, the function falls going from left to right. That is what slope means. That meant two equations were immediately not suitable.

Second, if two linear equations are both in slope-intercept form, the one with the greater intercept cuts the y-axis above the other.

This whole problem was about understanding what QUALITATIVE information can be deduced by comparing linear equations in slope-intercept form.
I totally understand that now. I was just trying to satisfy the questions asked of me
Take a look at the whole thread and you will realize what I say.

BBB, at post 48 you said this:
Correct. You found the graphs either intercept at x=0 or x=8/5. Look at the OP's graph, one of them is definitely wrong. Which one is it?
What graph did you mean?.
Maybe you meant the equations in the answer choices.
No, I meant the picture with grids. Do line A and line B intercept on x=0 a.k.a the y-axis?