Managerial Science Optimization Problem, Please Help!

joeramirez

problemzt4.jpg

The image above contains the problem. This is a managerial science type problem it involves cost minimization and our class uses Microsoft Excel, and "Solver" in order to find solutions. I need help, particularly in how to set this problem up and how to find the optimal solution. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Joe Ramirez

Good luck.

Without any effort demonstrated by you, I really didn't feel like reading the problem statement. What can you show us?

tkhunny said:
Good luck.

Without any effort demonstrated by you, I really didn't feel like reading the problem statement. What can you show us?

Well, perhaps thats because I already said I need help on how to begin the problem, given help with how to do that I could certainly contribute to the rest of the solution.

Step #1 - Read the problem statement.

Step #2a - If you REALLY have no clue, you just don't get it at all, you are in the wrong class and you should go have a very serious talk with your academic advisor.

Step #2b - If you are just kidding, you are in the right class, you understand all the words, and you have some sort of inkling of how to proceed, then we can talk.

So, which is it?