Venn Diagram problem

beccadavetay

This is my problem:

At a pow wow in Arizona 75 Native Ameircans from all over the Southwest came to participate in the cermonies. A corrdinator of the pow wow took a survey and found:

15 families brought food, costumes and crafts
25 families brought food and crafts
42 families brought food
6 families brought costumes and crafts but not food
4 families brought crafts, but neither food nor costumes
10 families brought none of the three items
18 families brought costumes but not crafts.

How many families brought costumes and food?
How many brought costumes?
How many brought crafts, but not costumes?
How many families did not bring crafts?
How many families brought food or costumes?

I cannot answer any of the questons becuase I cannot complete the diagram itself. I have the 15 brought all area completed, 4 brought crafts alone, 25 brought food and crafts (15 all + 10 food U crafts only) and 6 for the costumes and crafts with no food incl. I cannot get the other 3 regions and I'm not even sure if a couple of the answers I have listed are correct. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you.

Draw three mutually intersecting circles. This should define seven separate areas.

Label each circle - select food, costumes, or crafts for each.

Draw one nice, roomy box around all three circles. The area in the box, but not in any of the circles represents those folks who brought nothing. This defines an eighth region.

Now just fill in the blanks.

Draw the diagram and put it together. Start with who gives all 3. Designate who gives nothing. Here's a diagram to get you started.

Are you sure all the figures are correct?. Is it 75?.

venntk3.gif

I'm sure the figures listed are correct. I have gotten as far as what you show, but it's the Food U Cost. and surrounding food and cost. areas that I'm having problems with.

I completed it twice and keep getting 65 as a total instead of 75...[/img]

Don't feel bad. I keep getting 77. A hair off. I have checked and checked and keep getting the same thing.