What is the probability for the following problems?

divalena

Please help me to resolve this problems....
In World Record Game Fishes, it was stated that in the Gozumel region about 44% of strikes resulted in a catch. Suppose that on a given day a fleet of fishing boats got a total of 24 strikes. What is the probability that the number of fish caught wasa
a) 12 or fewer
b) 5 or more
c)between 5 and 12
d)in the solution to this problem, what is n?p?q? Does it appear that both np and n are larger than 5? Why is this an imortant consideration?

divalena said:
Please help me to resolve this problems....
In World Record Game Fishes, it was stated that in the Gozumel region about 44% of strikes resulted in a catch. Suppose that on a given day a fleet of fishing boats got a total of 24 strikes. What is the probability that the number of fish caught wasa
a) 12 or fewer
b) 5 or more
c)between 5 and 12
d)in the solution to this problem, what is n?p?q? Does it appear that both np and n are larger than 5? Why is this an imortant consideration?

Please show us your work/thoughts - indicating exactly where you are stuck.

I don't know were to start. Can you please show me step by step how to resolve this problem?

What does your textbook say about binomial distribution?

What types of example problems that they have worked out?

N= NUMBER OF TRIALS
R= NUMBER OF SUCCESSES
P= PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS ON A SINGLE TRIAL
Q=1-P= PROBABILITY OF FAILURE ON A SINGE TRIAL

If np>5 and nq >5, then r has a binominal distribution that is approximated by a normal distribution with
u=np and q=sqrt (npq)

How can I apply these to my problem?

How do you find probability of finding something within mean and a multiple of standard deviation? - think z-table.