Need help w/ hypothesis, decision rule, z test stat, and....

baseballer1411

Can someone please help me with the following problem? Or possible steer me in the right direction?

Does loveatatin ( cholestrol drug) reduce the risk of a heart attack? In a Texas study, reserachers gave lovastatin to 2,325 people and an inactive substitue to 2,081 people (avg. age 5. After 5 years 57 of the lovastain group had suffereda heart attack, compared to 97 for the inactive pill.

A) state the hypothesis. B) State the decision rule. C) Find the sample proportions and z test statistic. D) Make a decision

E.) Is normaility assured F.) Is the difference large enough to be important G.) What else would medical researchers need to know before prescribing this drug widley?

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.

baseballer1411 said:
Can someone please help me with the following problem? Or possible steer me in the right direction?

Does loveatatin ( cholestrol drug) reduce the risk of a heart attack? In a Texas study, reserachers gave lovastatin to 2,325 people and an inactive substitue to 2,081 people (avg. age 5. After 5 years 57 of the lovastain group had suffereda heart attack, compared to 97 for the inactive pill.

A) state the hypothesis. B) State the decision rule. C) Find the sample proportions and z test statistic. D) Make a decision

E.) Is normaility assured F.) Is the difference large enough to be important G.) What else would medical researchers need to know before prescribing this drug widley?

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.

Please share with us your work/thoughts - so that we know where to begin to help you.

I don't know where to start. I know I need to get the Null and alternate hypothesis down but after that I have no clue at all.