How do you classify levels of measurement?

orendacl

Hello, I need to classify various things as "levels of measurement".
Example:
-Exam scores for a physics test....I said this was ordinal/rank
-License plate #'s of all cars in state of WA...I said this could be ordinal/rank
-High temp for first fifteen days of August in Panama City...I said this was interval
-Rating levels of exams...very hard, hard, fair, simple, very simple...I said these were nominal/categorical
-This distance from Seattle WA to any other city in WA state...I said this was niminal/categorical....

Are these on the right track? I have not seen an actual "level of measurement" in stats before.

-Exam scores for a physics test....I said this was ordinal/rank
Probably

-License plate #'s of all cars in state of WA...I said this could be ordinal/rank
Maybe. Do they use letters? You can still order letters. How do you include vanity plates?

-High temp for first fifteen days of August in Panama City...I said this was interval
Why?

-Rating levels of exams...very hard, hard, fair, simple, very simple...I said these were nominal/categorical
You seem to have missed the order in the rankings. It's not obvious how wide each category is, but the ranking shoudl be clear.

-This distance from Seattle WA to any other city in WA state...I said this was niminal/categorical....
How do we measure distance? I thinnk this measurement is continuous. That makes it rather tough to call categorical, doesn't it?