Possible histogram

mckriddle

My problem:

Sketch a possible histogram with the following description:

Center: Test scores average 75. There is an obvious gap between 42 and 55. The range is 58 with a
maximum at 100. The test scores distribution is skewed left. Label your horizontal axis and your
vertical frequency count axis.

So I labeled my horizontal axis 40-100 in increments of 10, since the lowest score is 42 and the highest is 100. With the graph skewed left, I imagine it's because of the lower 42 score... but I have no idea what to number my frequency vertical axis... I don't know how many scored what, only that most scored around 75.

Please help me figure this one out?

My problem:

Sketch a possible histogram with the following description:

Center: Test scores average 75. There is an obvious gap between 42 and 55. The range is 58 with a
maximum at 100. The test scores distribution is skewed left. Label your horizontal axis and your
vertical frequency count axis.

So I labeled my horizontal axis 40-100 in increments of 10, since the lowest score is 42 and the highest is 100. With the graph skewed left, I imagine it's because of the lower 42 score... but I have no idea what to number my frequency vertical axis... I don't know how many scored what, only that most scored around 75.

Please help me figure this one out?

I think you are just supposed to make up data that matches the general description. If you do use bin widths of 10, you will have six classes. To make the gap between 42 and 55 "obvious," you should make the bin widths 5 instead of 10. Then the highest numbers would be in the bins from 70-75 and 75-80, and the hights should fall of like a bell curve.