Stats for Research Project

Slyfox

Our Prof, was supposed to individually give us relative statistics for our particular experiment, sadly though he has not emailed me and I am having a mini-panic attack! I need some assistance from someone who knows what they are doing!

I conducted an experiment on the relation between gender (2 levels) and delayed gratification (4 levels).

I gave 12 participants (6 boys, 6 girls) bubble wrap and instructed them that if they popped the bubble wrap they would forfeit the chance to get more bubble wrap. For every 10 minutes the child did not play w/ any of their bubble wrap they would receive another piece. I reorded when either gender popped one of their bubble wrap

Listed below are how many of each gender popped their bubble wrap, during which 10 minute interval and how many participants lasted through all 4 of the 10 min intervals without popping bubble wrap.

< 10min 2 boys, 1 girl
< 20min 0 boys, 1 girl
< 30min 2 boys, 1 girl
< 40min 1 boy, 0 girls
FINAL: 1 boy, 3 girls never popped their bubble wrap

My prof was suppossed to provide (I'm not sure because I have not been able to contact him) mean, standard deviation, degrees of freedom, test value, mean square error, and significance level.

MY QUESTION IS: I honestly have no idea what these values are, but do I have to do a "one way ANOVA" (whatever that is?). And how would I go about doing that? What do I need to do for this particular experiment!

THIS IS NOT CHEATING, as an entry level class this was to be provided since most of the students haven't taken stats, but has not been. I would appreciate any help that I could receive!