A change in mean based on a change in duration

StatsMadness

The topic was briefly mentioned before class ended and I cannot tell from my notes which statistics equation or formula in Excel is used. The answer to this question is then used to solve a number of additional questions. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

A manager at a Starbucks store believes that a typical Starbucks customer averages 15 visits to the chain’s store over a 30-day month. How many visits should the manager expect in a 10-day period from a typical Starbucks customer?

Thank you in advance.

The topic was briefly mentioned before class ended and I cannot tell from my notes which statistics equation or formula in Excel is used. The answer to this question is then used to solve a number of additional questions. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

A manager at a Starbucks store believes that a typical Starbucks customer averages 15 visits to the chain’s store over a 30-day month. How many visits should the manager expect in a 10-day period from a typical Starbucks customer?

Thank you in advance.
If you go to Starbucks 15 times in 30 day why not divide both numbers by a magical number so that the number of days will become 10 days?

Well that was my first thought but it seemed too easy.

Possibly because there are some assumptions behind it, like the visits have the same period between visits and the count assumes that if you start with a visit and ends with a visit, only one of those will count (but any in between do count), and maybe we could find a few others. However, I think those are reasonable assumptions given the bare bones problem which doesn't mention any of this.

And then again, maybe it has nothing to do with that.:)