in how many ways i can put two three things in two bags

rajemessage

Dear all,

Please tel me, In how many ways i can put three apples in two bags? each time both bag will have one apple each.

yours sincerely

In how many ways i can put three apples in two bags? each time both bag will have one apple each.
Will the bags have at least one apple, or exactly one apple? Are the apple indistinguishable, or are they, say, a green, a red, and a crab?

When you reply, please include a clear statement of your thoughts and efforts so far. Thank you! ;)

I have two oranges,one apple and one banana.
i want to put two of them at a time in two bags having one each.
in how many ways i put them?

yours sincerely

i want to put two of them at a time in two bags having one each.
in how many ways i put them?

yours sincerely
Was that a typo and you meant to say "I have one orange,one apple and one banana." or did you really mean"I have two oranges,one apple and one banana."? If the latter, we would still need to know whether the oranges are indistinguishable or whether they are distinguishable, for example, a Navel and a Valencia. Also, it it is the latter, please don't change the problem again with your answer [you only had three items to start with].

BTW: If you do have a different problem, you are very welcome to start a different thread for that problem.

Last edited:
There are two oranges and they are indistinguisable(they are two but their value is same).
[order does matter for all combinations]
bags have position like first bag will be at first position and second will be at second position and it will not be changed.

and please tel me step by step formula.

yours sincerley

Last edited:
There are two oranges and they are indistinguisable(they are two but their value is same).
[order does matter for all combinations]
bags have position like first bag will be at first position and second will be at second position and it will not be changed.

and please tel me step by step formula.

yours sincerley
What are your thoughts? What have you done so far? Please show us your work so we may try to help you. You might also read
http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/78006-Read-Before-Posting

well i am computer programmer, i have one table with two cols in database.
i have three values a ,b, c which can be put in these two cols, so i formulated a question for u.

so please follow following question.

i want to put two of them at a time in two bags having one(one froot at max in one bag) each.

[order does matter for all combination]

so please tel me in how many ways i put them in bags?

yours sincerely

yours sincerely