Probability Problems

m_asadwarraich

I have been given an assignment by our Mathematics teacher related to Probability. I need help to solve these questions:

Question 01
What is is least and most value of Arithmetic Mean for which f3 must exist?

Groups60-6263-6566-6869-7172-74
Frequencies1554f38124

Question 02
A design requires six distinct blocks named: A, B, C, D, E, F. In how many ways can this design be assembled if DEF come together:
a) in any sequence
b) in given sequence

Question 03
In a class of 36 students, only 3 students registered a course of "Survey". What is probability of getting top three positions for registered students in class?

Question 04
We dealt from a well-shuffled 52-card deck. Calculate the probability that 12th card is First Ace to be dealt.

Question 05
52-card deck is to be dealt to 4 players. Find probability that each player gets an Ace.

Question 06
Suppose A, B, C are pair-wise independent events. Justify whether A, B, C are independent or not?

Question 07
Suppose A, B, C are independent. Use definition of independence to show that A and (B U C) are independent.

Question 08
A new test has been developed to test whether a given student is overstressed. This test is 95% accurate if student is not overstressed but only 85% accurate if student is overstressed. It is known that 99.5% students of all students are overstressed. Given that a particular student tests negative for stress, what is probability that test results are correct, and that this students is not overstressed?

Will be very thankful if someone helps me.

Regards
Muhammad Asad Hayat

I have been given an assignment by our Mathematics teacher related to Probability. I need help to solve these questions:

Question 01
What is is least and most value of Arithmetic Mean for which f3 must exist?

Groups60-6263-6566-6869-7172-74
Frequencies1554f38124

Question 02
A design requires six distinct blocks named: A, B, C, D, E, F. In how many ways can this design be assembled if DEF come together:
a) in any sequence
b) in given sequence

Question 03
In a class of 36 students, only 3 students registered a course of "Survey". What is probability of getting top three positions for registered students in class?

Question 04
We dealt from a well-shuffled 52-card deck. Calculate the probability that 12th card is First Ace to be dealt.

Question 05
52-card deck is to be dealt to 4 players. Find probability that each player gets an Ace.

Question 06
Suppose A, B, C are pair-wise independent events. Justify whether A, B, C are independent or not?

Question 07
Suppose A, B, C are independent. Use definition of independence to show that A and (B U C) are independent.

Question 08
A new test has been developed to test whether a given student is overstressed. This test is 95% accurate if student is not overstressed but only 85% accurate if student is overstressed. It is known that 99.5% students of all students are overstressed. Given that a particular student tests negative for stress, what is probability that test results are correct, and that this students is not overstressed?

Will be very thankful if someone helps me.

Regards
Muhammad Asad Hayat

How is this news?

i did not understand what did you say?
Rather than bothering to locate an appropriate category (or show any other effort of your own), you posted this to the very first category you saw, which was "News". The poster was asking how your question related to the category you chose. I will move your post to an appropriate category.

Please reply showing all of your thoughts and efforts on these exercises so far. Thank you.