Statistics help needed urgently!

ph24

Can someone help me answer these please - needs to be specific as I have trouble hitting the actual answer! Can someone give me clear simple answers please?
(a) a cohort of patients were enrolled in a clinical trial for the treatment of depression. Patients were randomly allocated to 1 of 3 groups as follows:
Control - antidepressant medication only Treatment 1 - medication and a ten week course go cognitive behaviour therapy Treatment 2 - a new antidepressant medication
Levels of depression (the dependent variable) were measured at the commencement and the conclusion of the trial.
How would you score the dependent variables that any change in reported levels of depression might be uncovered? (4 MARKS)
(B) what method of analysis would you use to determine whether the new treatment regimes impacted reported levels of depression in the patients? (4 MARKS)
c: explain exactly why multiple t-tests are not advised for the comparison of differences when there are more than two groups (4 MARKS)
(D) Planned contrasts are preferable to Post-Hoc testing. Explain in relation to the clinical trial above why this is so. Show by way of an example 1 contrast that would be of interest (4 MARKS)
(E) explain carefully the logic of the F-RATIO used in ANOVA. (4 MARKS)
Thank you so much for those who reply!

Can someone help me answer these please - needs to be specific as I have trouble hitting the actual answer! Can someone give me clear simple answers please?
(a) a cohort of patients were enrolled in a clinical trial for the treatment of depression. Patients were randomly allocated to 1 of 3 groups as follows:
Control - antidepressant medication only Treatment 1 - medication and a ten week course go cognitive behaviour therapy Treatment 2 - a new antidepressant medication
Levels of depression (the dependent variable) were measured at the commencement and the conclusion of the trial.
How would you score the dependent variables that any change in reported levels of depression might be uncovered? (4 MARKS)
(B) what method of analysis would you use to determine whether the new treatment regimes impacted reported levels of depression in the patients? (4 MARKS)
c: explain exactly why multiple t-tests are not advised for the comparison of differences when there are more than two groups (4 MARKS)
(D) Planned contrasts are preferable to Post-Hoc testing. Explain in relation to the clinical trial above why this is so. Show by way of an example 1 contrast that would be of interest (4 MARKS)
(E) explain carefully the logic of the F-RATIO used in ANOVA. (4 MARKS)
Thank you so much for those who reply!

Are these questions from a test you are taking? Are supposed to seek out-side help?

What are your thoughts?

Please share your work with us ...even if you know it is wrong

If you are stuck at the beginning tell us and we'll start with the definitions.

You need to read the rules of this forum. Please read the post titled "
Read before Posting" at the following URL:

http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/th...Before-Posting