Finding intersections and unions?

yellowjello

Hi, I'm struggling with this question and it would be appreciated if anyone can help.

"A music company sells sheet music for the following genres: jazz, new age, country, and rock. An experiment consists of recording which genre is preferred, and the # of songs purchased (assuming 5 is the maximum). Consider the following events:
A = customer prefers rock
B = customer prefers jazz and will but at least 3 songs
C = customer will buy at most 2 songs
D = customer prefers country and buys one song
Find the outcomes in each of the following events:
i) A' ii) A or C iii) A and D iv) C and D v) A and C and D vi) A and B

Hi, I'm struggling with this question and it would be appreciated if anyone can help.

"A music company sells sheet music for the following genres: jazz, new age, country, and rock. An experiment consists of recording which genre is preferred, and the # of songs purchased (assuming 5 is the maximum). Consider the following events:
A = customer prefers rock
B = customer prefers jazz and will but at least 3 songs
C = customer will buy at most 2 songs
D = customer prefers country and buys one song
Find the outcomes in each of the following events:
i) A' ii) A or C iii) A and D iv) C and D v) A and C and D vi) A and B
What are your thoughts? What have you done so far? Please show us your work even if you feel that it is wrong so we may try to help you. You might also read
http://www.freemathhelp.com/forum/threads/78006-Read-Before-Posting

BTW:Are the statements exclusive, i.e. if the customer prefers some category, the customer can't prefer another category at the same time, or are the statements inclusive, i.e. the customer can prefer multiple categories at the same time. The way the questions are written it looks like the latter but just wanted to make sure otherwise some of the questions are self contradictory.

HINT: Just write out the statements in plain English: For example suppose we have
X: The paper is either red or yellow.
Y: The paper is yellow
(X and Y) = The paper is either red or yellow and the paper is yellow. Well being yellow, it is automatically either red or yellow so we have
(X and Y) = Y = The paper is yellow.